• Yes
    • No

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE ty law to be a bill. He might be on a downslope of his career, but that's better than many guys peak!

TD, I say GIT R DONE.

The baddest defense in the league might just get badder... :devil:

Flame on!

261844[/snapback]

And if we get Law, the worst O-Line in the NFL would get worse since we'd probably kill any chance at landing even a halfway decent O-Lineman with the money we would have to give Law. If we had Minnesota money to spend in FA, I'd totally be calling for a push to sign Law. But until the O-Line problem is solved (most notably, the LT spot), I dont think the Bills can be tossing their money at other FAs.

also would love to have Law. Not what the Bills need though. Offense requires line help, back up RB and QB. I don't think the cap dollars are there.

I voted no.

Would be excited though if it happend. We would have to win a lot of 10-7 games.

And if we get Law, the worst O-Line in the NFL would get worse since we'd probably kill any chance at landing even a halfway decent O-Lineman with the money we would have to give Law.  If we had Minnesota money to spend in FA, I'd totally be calling for a push to sign Law.  But until the O-Line problem is solved (most notably, the LT spot), I dont think the Bills can be tossing their money at other FAs.

261845[/snapback]

Here's our 2005 OL:

LT Teague

LG L. Smith / #2 pick

C Tucker

RG Villarial

RT Williams

Learn it, live it, love it! :devil:

:ph34r::(:)

I'd break down and cry if that ended up being our O-Line.  Yikes, how sad is that lineup.

261852[/snapback]

I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the total cap hit for those 5 starters is right around the league average.

If we can get a free agent LT...then I suppose we can get an upgrade at Guard with our 2nd rounder in the Draft since this is a pretty strong year for O-Lineman and use the cash for someone like Ty Law. BUT, we need a new LT or this season is going to be a very painful one for poor JP.

How much cap room do we think Law is going to take?

Let's just say for yucks....

5 years, $10 million SB, $25 Million term of the contract....I think this is high--I think he settles for a contract more like Milloy's -- to play with his old buddy....

Salaries are:

$1 Million

$2 Million

$4 Million

$4 Million

$4 Million

Remember this is the second 8 figure bonus for Law and he would be in his late 30's late in the contract. Cap hit this year is $3 Million under this scenario....

Leaves us with $2.4 million in room..

We trade Henry for a pick..saving $1.2

PP is definitely cut so another $1.5 million is saved

Clements is traded for a pick (Low first if he extends, second if he does not) saving about $3 Million now from his escalated salary)

Williams extends two years turning base into bonus. The savings for the next two years is say $2 million a year or so...

So you have $7.7 savings---$2.5 million to the rookie pool...$5.2 Million to address the rest of our needs....

and our draft looks something like..

2nd round - 2 picks

3rd round - 2 picks

4-7 - 1 pick each

I probably just gave Clumpy a heart attack with all my errors--sorry man..

We are in a two-three year window to win it all if we do this--if we crap out its another 5 year recovery process--but you know--Ralph ain't getting any younger...

What kind of money could be freed up by dumping Clements?

My heart says, hell yeah. I am a Defense guy (duh... look in my sig :devil: ), what can I say. But my brain says we have other needs to address. If we could free up some money to acquire Law yet not crush or cap space, I'd say, heck yeah...

But the Jury is still out on that. What kind of money get's freed up with Clements? What about Henry?

How much cap room do we think Law is going to take?

Let's just say for yucks....

5 years, $10 million SB, $25 Million term of the contract....I think this is high--I think he settles for a contract more like Milloy's -- to play with his old buddy....

Salaries are:

$1 Million

$2 Million

$4 Million

$4 Million

$4 Million

Remember this is the second 8 figure bonus for Law and he would be in his late 30's late in the contract.  Cap hit this year is $3 Million under this scenario....

Leaves us with $2.4 million in room..

We trade Henry for a pick..saving $1.2

PP is definitely cut so another $1.5 million is saved

Clements is traded for a pick (Low first if he extends, second if he does not) saving about $3 Million now from his escalated salary)

Williams extends two years turning base into bonus the next two years saving $2 million a year or so...

So you have $7.7 savings---$2.5 million to the rookie pool...$5.2 Million to address the rest of our needs....

and our draft looks something like..

2nd round - 2 picks

3rd round - 2 picks

4-7 - 1 pick each

I probably just gave Clumpy a heart attack with all my errors--sorry man..

261875[/snapback]

While you're at it, can we cut Coy Wire's $1.3M contract just for the principle of it? :devil:

While you're at it, can we cut Coy Wire's $1.3M contract just for the principle of it? :devil:

261882[/snapback]

No doubt..

Did I mention I voted Yes to this....I am still pissed at Nate for Jacksonville...Law doesn't make that mistake....

Fast Freddie gives us the punt returner replacement...

Lets just friggin do this...

261882[/snapback]

I'm waiting for Clumpy to crunch the numbers on Wire's newest contract to tell us how much cash we can save by simply dumping him. I think both he and Pierson get the axe...to be honest, Rashad Baker outplayed Coy Wire as a backup safety...and that is a sad state of affairs when an undrafted rookie is looking better than a 3 year veteran.

Where's the option for HELL NO!!

People, yes ty law is a solid corner and yes he would greatly improve our pass defense but this team has many more needs to address before we address at corner. And i'm sure he wont come cheap.

Show me a tackle, a guard, a defensive tackle, and a kicker and if there's money left over, then we'll talk.

Where's the option for HELL NO!!

People, yes ty law is a solid corner and yes he would greatly improve our pass defense but this team has many more needs to address before we address at corner. And i'm sure he wont come cheap.

Show me a tackle, a guard, a defensive tackle, and a kicker and if there's money left over, then we'll talk.

261890[/snapback]

agreed... I would love Law on our D, however the cap # is not right for how much we still need