McCoy Confirms Trade Rumors are False with McBeane

What's the worst offer they would decline? Think they turn down an ok RB2 and day two pick, for instance?

Really I think the biggest hurdle would be that we have nothing viable behind him and I don't think we are full tank even if we aren't pushing for 2017

I could see them dealing him later in the season if Jonathan Williams looks good with the team being clearly out of any realistic chance for a playoff berth.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see them dealing him later in the season if Jonathan Williams looks good with the team being clearly out of any realistic chance for a playoff berth.

Exactly. Wholesaling ALL viable talent off this team before the season even starts would make it damn near impossible to establish the culture they clearly want to instill into this organization, which is going to be the cornerstone of the massive run they are clearly planning in the next year or two. People on this board are definitely not thinking long term, the multitude of draft picks we now have in the first three rounds will push us over the top in 2018. An all out tank will do nothing but poison the locker room and would be completely counterproductive in that we already have the draft assets. This season will be all about establishing culture, like not punting on third down.

Exactly. Wholesaling ALL viable talent off this team before the season even starts would make it damn near impossible to establish the culture they clearly want to instill into this organization, which is going to be the cornerstone of the massive run they are clearly planning in the next year or two. People on this board are definitely not thinking long term, the multitude of draft picks we now have in the first three rounds will push us over the top in 2018. An all out tank will do nothing but poison the locker room and would be completely counterproductive in that we already have the draft assets. This season will be all about establishing culture, like not punting on third down.

Probably doesn't push us over the top in 2018. Unless we end up nailing a qb without major trade and hit free agency in a way that has a lot of synergy with our picks.... it's looking at 2019 to become truly viable in a realistic timeline

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Brandon-Beane-We-Have-Expectations-We-Have-Standards/919148f5-1933-4fa5-803a-a54e30599a03

Brandon Beane addressed the McCoy trade rumors (right at the end of the video, roughly the last 30-45 seconds) -

He said that there was no trade activity regarding McCoy. He doesn't know where the rumors came from but they are totally false.

He then said "Lesean McCoy is going to be a Buffalo Bill."