WHAT?!?!? No fried bologna sandwiches?

Ned Flanders

Going through the 2004 concessions list "Ya gotta eat!" I see they knocked the always popular fried bologna sandwich off the menu! :w00t:

Let me see if I got this right: You can order a "Philly" steak at RWS, but you can't get a "Western New York filet" sandwich? Where's the love?

And, oh yeah, $6.50 for a 20oz draft. Welcome to the NFL, which stands for Not For Long at these prices!

I was at the Ralph 2x last year...and will be there 3 x this year...I live in Florida....and come up mainly for the food. Italian Sausage in WNY is the best. Was never a fan of fried bologna even when mom made us eat it. Relish in the food WNY...you'll never eat better elsewhere.

I was at the Ralph 2x last year...and will be there 3 x this year...I live in Florida....and come up mainly for the food. Italian Sausage in WNY is the best. Was never a fan of fried bologna even when mom made us eat it.  Relish in the food WNY...you'll never eat better elsewhere.

19478[/snapback]

Amen to that...still can't find decent wings, pizza, subs, or hot dogs anywhere in these parts....

Have to agree with you guys. Can't find any decent pizza, subs or wings here in the high desert. Oh do I miss Pizza Junction, hot subs and suicide wings! I've always thought that if I decided to open a business out here, I would go back to WNY, buy the recipes from all the great eateries that are there, sign a non comptition agreement with them and spread the wny version of fine dining throughout the southwes. (One can dream)

Fried Bologna rocks, especially with mayonaise, lettuce and cheese. No wonder there is a high cholesterol problem in WNY.

We also have the best Italian Sausage this side of Italy. Athough there is a bunch to choose from. Garafolos, Rubinos, Mineo & Sapio, Gianelli's, just to name a few.

Also, lets not forget the famous Zweigels White Hots!!! Nothing like a good porker now and then.

Man I'm hungry all of a sudden.

Going through the 2004 concessions list "Ya gotta eat!" I see they knocked the always popular fried bologna sandwich off the menu!  :(

Let me see if I got this right: You can order a "Philly" steak at RWS, but you can't get a "Western New York filet" sandwich?  Where's the love?

And, oh yeah, $6.50 for a 20oz draft.  Welcome to the NFL, which stands for Not For Long at these prices!

19462[/snapback]

I found this quote from a Buffalo Bills press release:

"In partnership with the American Heart Association, the Buffalo Bills will no longer be serving fried bologna at Ralph Wilson Stadium," said team President, Tom Donohoe. "We realize that a few people may be upset, but we encourage them to try our other great menu items, that are diet food relative to fired bologna. Pizza, cheese bugers, hot dogs, and nachos will only kill you in 10 years. We havealready reported five bologna related deaths in the past three years. Our decision today is for the public good."