haha Jets

Moron jest fans act like PW & JJ were their players that defected to other teams.

"Bad day to be a jest fan!  PW & JJ sign elsewhere!  Cotrell wins again"!

Hi guys

just trying to get some background info on Pat Williams - with any luck he'll be a good pickup for us like Winfield was last year.

So how come you're letting go to FA, is it salary cap issues, production dropping down or just looking to bring younger players in to replace him ? I'm hoping that he can help us get a consistent pass rush going which is something that has been lacking in recent years.

Thanks and hope your off-season goes well for you

Hi guys

just trying to get some background info on Pat Williams - with any luck he'll be a good pickup for us like Winfield was last year.

So how come you're letting go to FA, is it salary cap issues, production dropping down or just looking to bring younger players in to replace him ?  I'm hoping that he can help us get a consistent pass rush going which is something that has been lacking in recent years.

260057[/snapback]

Phat Pat is a Big and Fast run stuffer who will make a nice tandem with Kevin. The Bills have decided to throw in the towel for the next couple years by starting a raw kid at QB. By the time Losman is ready to make any impact (2008) Pat would be over the hill.

Phat Pat is a Big and Fast run stuffer who will make a nice tandem with Kevin.  The Bills have decided to throw in the towel for the next couple years by starting a raw kid at QB. By the time Losman is ready to make any impact (2008) Pat would be over the hill.

260059[/snapback]

The Bills have decided to throw in the towel? Any facts to back that up? Link?

Phat Pat is a Big and Fast run stuffer who will make a nice tandem with Kevin.  The Bills have decided to throw in the towel for the next couple years by starting a raw kid at QB. By the time Losman is ready to make any impact (2008) Pat would be over the hill.

260059[/snapback]

is your negativity/off button stuck? with what?

260059[/snapback]

Boy, I remember when you were brand new to the board. A bright eyed kid all excited about he Bills, showing off your new web page.

Hey look, you joined the board on 16 May02...that's right after the draft when we traded for Drew!

OHHHHHH....I get it now. :doh:

Boy, I remember when you were brand new to the board.  A bright eyed kid all excited about he Bills, showing off your new web page.

Hey look, you joined the board on 16 May02...that's right after the draft when we traded for Drew!

OHHHHHH....I get it now.  :doh:

260113[/snapback]

Bright eyed kid? Nice try. I wanted Lamonica to take over for Kemp in 1967.

Not only did the Jets miss out on both JJ and Fat Pat, but they lost Lamont Jordan and Jason Ferguson too. Plus, they were expected to be a front runner for WR Derrick Mason, but he didn't even come and visit before he signed with the Ravens. :doh:

I wonder if the Jets regret letting Ted Cottrell go.  I would bet that AW & PW signing with Minnesota has something to do with their past rleationship with Ted......and of course money probably also has something to do with it. :doh:

260172[/snapback]

Let's not forget that Ted was Herm Edwards sacrafical lamb following the 2003 season, just as Paul Hackett was this year. Ted should have been able to stay with the Jets. The Jets organization is a joke in that they keep letting everyone elese take the blame for Herm Edwards poor coaching. This year is his last chance, though.

Hi guys

So how come you're letting go to FA, is it salary cap issues, production dropping down or just looking to bring younger players in to replace him ?  I'm hoping that he can help us get a consistent pass rush going which is something that has been lacking in recent years.

260057[/snapback]

You haven't really gotten a straight answer to your question, so here's a stab.

Williams is probably an above-average run stopper and a good locker room guy. He wasn't really asked to rush the passer, suggesting perhaps that's not a strong suit. He's not an every-down player. There are questions about his stamina. He hasn't missed many (any?) games, but he's a very large man who looks gassed in fourth quarters. As good as the Bills D ranked statistically, they blew some games (I'm thinking mostly of Pittsburgh) in the 4th when they couldn't get the other team's O off the field because they couldn't stop the ground game the way they had earlier. There's a legtitimate question of whether he'll ever see the back end of his new contract -- but that's true of the whole NFL now. The Bills thought that paying a FA-type contract was overpaying.

I hope this helps. I know how frustrating this site can get when you ask a simple question.

Hi guys

260057[/snapback]

my opinion of Pat Williams is very good. When I watch him play, I notice one thing consistently. That's a center's or guard's head popping backwards. Pat is very aggressive. disrupting running lanes more than just taking up space. Any AFC East coach will tell you he was the toughest sob on the D line.

good pick up for your Vikes. Cotrell and Winfield are as well.

Jets got rid of OC Paul Hackett.....need I say more?

Listen to the NY Sports Radio Stations.....based on Jets fans, Hackett was the ONLY reason they lost any games at all.

Jets would waltz to the Super Bowl now, I want no more excuses from Jets fans!!!!

they blew some games (I'm thinking mostly of Pittsburgh) in the 4th when they couldn't get the other team's O off the field because they couldn't stop the ground game the way they had earlier.

Not to mention week 1 vs the Jags, and the game against the Jets where we took the lead with ~5 minutes left but the D let them drive. :doh:

THere's 3 of our 7 losses.

PW is a very good (not great) player. He's about 20X better than Hovan has been playing (when he played). Good upgrade for the Vikes. I'm going to get a bunch of people asking me about him when I go back to work as well, just like last year with Winfield.

CW