Neoliberalism, New Democrats, Third Way

The overwhelming majority of those ingredients are found in the home, and there is nothing the state can do to replace it.

Different countries as well, with different social structures and expectations of their children...tough to draw comparisons between China and the US IMO. And were they only using the PISA? Do enough kids here even take that test to draw meaningful conclusions, or am I reading it wrong?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different countries as well, with different social structures and expectations of their children...tough to draw comparisons between China and the US IMO. And were they only using the PISA? Do enough kids here even take that test to draw meaningful conclusions, or am I reading it wrong?

I'm confused. When/why did we inject other countries into the conversation?

They insist that a human in any given area of the planet is identical to any other human by means of morality,intelligence, definitions of justice and happiness and love and religion. They do this because they find that a dog in Russia is basically a dog in Canada and Peru as well.

The consequences of them thinking this way are untold in how horrible it turns out...

One horrible effect of this thinking is that 1960s Cold War liberals believed that North Vietnam was a reasonable enemy that didn't really want war and would give up its revolutionist demands reasonably. All this in spite of the complete lack of real belief that the North was for one second going to abandon it's decades long battle to take over the South.