Gleason's "power take"

Every word of what you wrote is what I thought when I read it.

I refuse to read Sully or Bucky. Waste of time; no meaningful insight is ever gained as a result. They should stick to their local-interest puff pieces only.

I am sure McDermott & Beane would have 0.0% reservation in signing Maclin if he could help us today at a palatable rate, and to possibly hedge against another injury-filled campaign from Watkins going forward.

Maclin for 1 year on a prove it deal is hardly is a splash signing. we aren't giving him 5 yrs and $100 mil. he's a good teammate and will only make the team better. we have the money available and it's a position of need so why not?

the challenge will be when one of the other teams goes long term deal with 20 or 30 guaranteed, and in a pass first league, that is likely to happen. That's when the rubber meets the road, assuming nothing is physically or mentally wrong with Maclin. Bills probably fold at that point and throw to Clay, Shady (Dennison offense throws a lot more to the backs) Sammy and use the rookies/FA to rebuild the WR group. All part of the latest rebuilding process. Perfectly understandable. This is at least a 3 year restart process, including finding a QB. Will take time. They have some weapons this year and will use what they have. Busting the bank for Maclin would be a real guts call as he will be expensive and, hey, they ain't goin' anywhere this year anyway. Another 7-9 campaign as they revamp the schemes and roster to fit. All good.

Edited by jmcraig44

the challenge will be when one of the other teams goes long term deal with 20 or 30 guaranteed, and in a pass first league, that is likely to happen. That's when the rubber meets the road, assuming nothing is physically or mentally wrong with Maclin. Bills probably fold at that point and go with Sammy and a bunch of nobodies.

The only other team he's going to talk to thus far is the Ravens and they have very limited cap space.

the challenge will be when one of the other teams goes long term deal with 20 or 30 guaranteed, and in a pass first league, that is likely to happen. That's when the rubber meets the road, assuming nothing is physically or mentally wrong with Maclin. Bills probably fold at that point and go with Sammy and a bunch of nobodies.

I really doubt that will happen as right now Maclin is being labeled as injury prone. Teams aren't going to want to give him a long term deal. His best bet is to do a 1 year deal and have a great season and THEN the long term deals will come in. That is probably what the Bills are selling him on

Not 7 years into his career. Thats never a time for a 1 year deal from a players perspective.

Look this guy is the best available WR in the league by a long way, and has proven to be a 1st team all pro. We're 89 days from the Jets opener and our top 2 wideouts are injured. We have the cap room and we're not signing any other expensive talent this year.

Yes we would be rolling the dice and probably overpaying the guy, but he could legitimately change a game or two for this team.

I really doubt that will happen as right now Maclin is being labeled as injury prone. Teams aren't going to want to give him a long term deal. His best bet is to do a 1 year deal and have a great season and THEN the long term deals will come in. That is probably what the Bills are selling him on

agreed. all depends on what the other teams offer. If he's in a bad competitive position, Bills get him cheap and all is good. Hope that is the result. Team needs a break at some point on the personnel side this year. Been a disaster so far on the FA front this year.