Would this make a baker's dozen for dom?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2003189

boo hoo.  maybe he can go drive drunk for 3 years then come back and sign a 1 day contract with the buffalo sabres.

259345[/snapback]

Wow. Hasek gave the city of buffalo some of the best and most exciting days EVER. Why do you have to crap on the guy? He wanted to go somewhere that was commited to winning the Stanley Cup, not firing winning head coaches.

He did that. And then some.

Dom was the MAN.

steve, i wore my #39 the other day... Don't worry. Hasek was my favorite player of all time, and hands down the best sabre of all time, not to mention the best NHL goalie of all time (for those of us who don't count rings on fingers). It was a joke.

I would love to see him retire a sabre and have his jersey raised to the rafters. Since he left in disgrace a few years ago with that crook owner we had, i'd like to see Golisano do right with hasek. He definitely has unfinished business here.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over that comment... it was simply a joke.

I'm not a fan (nor follower) of the NHL, but didn't Satan used to play for the Sabres?

French, Russian, whatever....with a last name like that, you've got to be a badass.

259353[/snapback]

yeah, Satan. pronounced "Sha-tan"... not a badass - at all.. fast, not tough.

udonkey, satan still does play for the sabres. He has a unibrow and either beats his glove with his stick or makes snowangels after he scores. He's "eccentric". Oh yeah, on a final note, he has an ugly opera singing wife who does the national anthems at the HSBC. Ingrid Smolinska i believe.

Wow. Hasek gave the city of buffalo some of the best and most exciting days EVER. Why do you have to crap on the guy? He wanted to go somewhere that was commited to winning the Stanley Cup, not firing winning head coaches.

He did that. And then some.

Dom was the MAN.

259348[/snapback]

I'm still pissed at him because the Sabres/RedWings had a deal and Hasek said, "No, the Red Wings are giving up too much, I won't agree to that deal." That's the part that pissed me (and a lot of others) off.

CW

Dom got robbed... he won us a Stanley Cup... It was obviously a crease violation.

Anyhoo, big fan of Dom's here. Sad he left Buffalo, but I can think of alot of players who left that I would have loved to see spend their careers in Buff... but the way it works, that simply doesn't happen too frequently in hockey.

My favorite stadium sign of all time (outside the "Welcome to New York... Jets" that flies in the Rich) would have to be...

Hasek, you Schmelik like Sczhitnik.

I know I murdered Sczhitnik but you old guys know who I mean :ph34r:

Hasek, you Schmelik like Sczhitnik.

I know I murdered Sczhitnik but you old guys know who I mean :ph34r:

259400[/snapback]

That's a variation of the old joke:

"Q: Why does Hasek's Peca Smehlik Zhitnik?

A: Because his Dixon Ward"

My RJ impression, as written as a reply in a thread:

"They CLEAREDITRIGHTOUTINFRONT, Lemieux with the SHOTTT. OHHHHHHH WHAT A SAVE BY HASEK! CALL A COP, HE ROBBED LEMIEUX BLIND! CALL A COP! CALL A COP! WHOOOOOO!"

Ok, just typing that got my heart racing.

My RJ impression, as written as a reply in a thread:

"They CLEAREDITRIGHTOUTINFRONT, Lemieux with the SHOTTT.  OHHHHHHH WHAT A SAVE BY HASEK!  CALL A COP, HE ROBBED LEMIEUX BLIND!  CALL A COP!  CALL A COP!  WHOOOOOO!"

Ok, just typing that got my heart racing.

259563[/snapback]

There's at least one RJ that clearly doesn't = RJ

darin, if there's one reason to watch hockey again, its simply to hear rick do the call. That guy paints a picture... Although his call has slipped since he went to tv on empire, but hopefully with a year off, he'll come back and be old school radio rick jennerette..

darin, if there's one reason to watch hockey again, its simply to hear rick do the call.  That guy paints a picture...  Although his call has slipped since he went to tv on empire, but hopefully with a year off, he'll come back and be old school radio rick jennerette..

259611[/snapback]

I catch as many of his broadcasts as I can. Dude does not lack passion for what he does. We're very lucky in Buffalo as far as broadcasters are concerned - Van, Ted Darling, and RJ are the cream of the crop.

darin, if there's one reason to watch hockey again, its simply to hear rick do the call.  That guy paints a picture...  Although his call has slipped since he went to tv on empire, but hopefully with a year off, he'll come back and be old school radio rick jennerette..

259611[/snapback]

They played Rick's famous "May Day" call on WGR this afternoon.

The audio of the "May Day" call is on this web page....

http://www.freddie.ca/2003/03/looks-like-y...longer-get.html

no doubt... All you have to do is watch espn, NESN or fox sports wherever for a hockey broadcast. Then compare to RJ and lorentz. I'm a homer, but they are in their own class. By the way, i also do a great Roby, brian blessing/Hockey hotline impersonation.