Is Anthony Thomas going to be expensive?

He is in that thirdtier.  Cusp of starting or high quality backup.  He will probably get a longer term deal 3-4 years. Bonus of 3-4 million and 1 million per year or so.  Give or take 250k on the salaries.

259098[/snapback]

So you're saying the Bears will want him back? Who is their starter? But I agree, he would be solid with Willis!

A-TRAIN!!

So you're saying the Bears will want him back? Who is their starter?  But I agree, he would be solid with Willis!

A-TRAIN!!

259118[/snapback]

I don't know if the Bears necessarily want him back, but I think they have decided on Thomas Jones as their starter. A-Train had his shot but he was erratic.

So you're saying the Bears will want him back? Who is their starter?  But I agree, he would be solid with Willis!

A-TRAIN!!

259118[/snapback]

I don't think so. They have a good one in Jones who is a better pass receiver. He would probably be a TB, SF.

He would do well in Buffalo, but he isn't a great receiver so that means he will be more of a back to spell Willis for a few series rather then a 3rd down option.

Not a fan of the A-Train--I saw him play most of college career when I was in Ann Arbor. He's an okay power back when you have a good o-line. Without a good line, he can't fight for those extra yards or use his quickness to create something (like Willis).

If we get a back-up RB, I'd rather see us getting a smaller, quicker, 3rd down-type back (like a Blaylock). But I'm actually content with Shaud Williams.

Not a fan of the A-Train--I saw him play most of college career when I was in Ann Arbor. He's an okay power back when you have a good o-line. Without a good line, he can't fight for those extra yards or use his quickness to create something (like Willis).

If we get a back-up RB, I'd rather see us getting a smaller, quicker, 3rd down-type back (like a Blaylock). But I'm actually content with Shaud Williams.

259134[/snapback]

Willis likes to take plays off to catch his breath and seems to get nicked up from time to time. I would like to have a back up RB who can carry the load when his number is called. I like Williams too but Thomas looked pretty good at times last year andseems like a good insurance policy.

259134[/snapback]

What you say makes sense but what if Willis had to sit out several games due to.....well, I'm not gonna say it.

I don't think Shaud will be able to handle all that abuse.

Anthony Thomas would be a great back-up for McGahee...his erratic performances with the Bears were as much a result of putrid offensive talent on the Bears, and some injuries...when he had a chance to spot the starting back, he normally performed quite well....