Smart move giving Beane final say over the 53 man roster.

The present structure our Bills are using is very similar to exactly what goes on in KC

The only difference is that is currently a highly successful team so media and fans don't claim its in any way dsyfunctional

At the end of the day if we start winning more games nobody will care about the structure

If we keep losing folks will key on it

jc

The structure is the same as KC, yes. For this to work Sean will have to let Beane do his job. If he doesn't do that it's a Chip Kelly situation.

I really like the collaborative effort Beane and Sean plan on working together with each other and the Pegula's.

....pretty straightforward......if not, everything fails and we go on with 7-9, 8-8, 7-9, 8-8......screw egos and individual accolades...........

What exactly does it mean that Beane has "control of the 53" but McDermott has "final say"? From a practical standpoint,how does that work? Does McDermott say "our D LINEMAN is hurt,get me somebody with more pass rush ability" so Beane looks for candidates and McDermott chooses? How can Beane chooze the 53 for McDermott to coach?

Beane has final say. As it should be.

What exactly does it mean that Beane has "control of the 53" but McDermott has "final say"? From a practical standpoint,how does that work?

I expect those are details that Beane and McDermott either have, or will work out.

Without inside knowledge, I would expect that practically speaking, what it means is that Beane is the one who will make the calls on who to elevate from the practice squad/who to cut to make room/who to bring in but that McDermott wants those decisions reviewed with him and the chance for input and the occasional veto

Beane: That was part of the attraction of the job. There were a lot of attractions, but I don’t have to get to know the guy I am going to be working side by side with personally, away from the office. I already know that. I have that box checked. I know that this guy is going to have my back and he knows I am going to have his back. And that’s a huge thing in this business. We know how important it is to trust each other. It’s so funny when people ask, Who’s got control? Who has the 53-man roster? Honestly, we don’t care about it. We are going to make decisions together and we are going to talk about everything that affects the roster, the staff, and that is what’s exciting. You don’t get that everywhere. You read about dysfunction in various organizations and that is part of the reason I am here. I did not want to leave Carolina for something I was unsure of. This seemed like as sure a thing as there can be in the NFL, to partner up with Sean.