WGR Draft Roundtable Today Noon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put it this way.

If we both GM'ed expansion teams and you insisted on only drafting QBs at the exact spot your scouts graded them, while I insisted on simply getting the quarterback my scouts like best, I am coming away with higher-graded prospects than you are. Assuming our scouting is equal I will logically find a FQB sooner than you will.

That's a completely different scenario than what played out, but okay. You go ahead and advocate for trading up in the 2nd for a 4th round player.

Yes, they should have not traded up for a 3-4 inside linebacker and taken Dak Prescott.

Cardale is fighting to stay on the roster this year.

My point was that many people said 2016 QBs were weak, wait till 2017!

The strongest QB in the 2016 class was passed over by 32 NFL teams 3 times in the draft.

The 1st player taken in the 2016 class is already walking down the bust path.

You just never know with the draft... especially with QBs...

its the whole hindsight thing

Last year we were coming off a year where TT won the job in a 3 qb competition....went to the pro bowl....was ESPNs top free agent aquistion of the year.......we had RR and we were trying to fix a defense that let us down the year prior

Sure.....we take a qb in the first round...that makes a TON of sense

dude , your right on as usual

I'll put it this way.

If we both GM'ed expansion teams and you insisted on only drafting QBs at the exact spot your scouts graded them, while I insisted on simply getting the quarterback my scouts like best, I am coming away with higher-graded prospects than you are. Assuming our scouting is equal I will logically find a FQB sooner than you will.

Yeah... you also might come away with EJ Manuel :flirt:

Why assume they would take Dak over Cardale? Players were rated equally.

Exactly... who's to say Whaley didn't grade Jones higher than Prescott?

Yes, they should have not traded up for a 3-4 inside linebacker and taken Dak Prescott.

Cardale is fighting to stay on the roster this year.

My point was that 'NOT' many people said 2016 QBs were weak, wait till 2017!

FIXED IT FOR YOU cardale is not fighting for a roster spot just between 2 an 3 no one thought dak would be as good as he was and this year may go different for him i'm not sold on him.

Yeah... you also might come away with EJ Manuel :flirt:

Exactly... who's to say Whaley didn't grade Jones higher than Prescott?

Whaley was 'enamored' with Jones (link)

Not that either but you're getting warmer. :P

Go ahead and clarify what you're refuting then. As a reminder, this was the statement you took issue with:

What's more important, the QB you want have graded as a 4th round prospect or the Linebacker you want have graded as a 1st round prospect? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I know I can work this out...

They should have drafted Prescott in the 3rd or 4th round, and if that means no Ragland then it's worth it. That's not "drafting Prescott over Ragland" but it is making the conscious decision to prioritize QB and get the one your scouts like best.

And you're certain the Bills' scouts liked Prescott best over Jones? What if the Bills followed exactly your logic?

I trust the inside info that comes from some of the folks here who have earned their rep.

Not sure who you're referring to, but I certainly didn't know the people then that I know now. I tried looking for articles and quotes tying the bills to Prescott but didn't find much of anything.

Not sure who you're referring to, but I certainly didn't know the people then that I know now. I tried looking for articles and quotes tying the bills to Prescott but didn't find much of anything.

I wouldn't expect you would, but I'm not going to go looking for something from a year ago. Believe what you want, brother.