Talk about setting the market

Bear

ASHBURN, Va. - This year's big signing for the Washington Redskins at the start of free agency is one of their own: tackle Chris Samuels, who received the largest signing bonus in team history.

Samuels and the team reached agreement Tuesday night for a multiyear deal that includes a signing bonus of $15.75 million, according to an official in the league who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Chris Samuels

Friggin Redskins.

257919[/snapback]

I welcome the teams that throw obscene amounts of money at individual players. You can always count them out of the championship hunt. It is the teams like the Patriots that maximize every dollar that are the real contenders.

The big spenders almost always are a disaster. Keep the money flowing for the big name stars and TD just sit back and focus on the bargains. It is proven. It works.

Typical Dan Snyder move. I don't expect that cap-strapped franchise to compete for another 5 years.

257927[/snapback]

Capped strapped? They seem to know how to handle the money situation very well.

Redskins ticket= 90.00

Parking 30.00

list for seasons tickets= 10 miles long

Redskins ticket= 90.00

Parking 30.00

257930[/snapback]

Um, there's a difference between an NFL team's salary cap (currently $86 million for every team) and the revenue that it generates (no cap on this).

Redskins ticket= 90.00

Parking 30.00

257930[/snapback]

Nothing to show for it = priceless

The Redskins gotta be WAY over the cap. Every year they sign guys to outrageous amounts of money and it never seems to catch up to them. They always suck and it's funny to watch but where's the cap hell for the Redskins? I want to see that train wreck as well.

Now y'all know why TD is letting Jennings go......it would take a $12+ million signing bonus.....way too much for an above average OT

258034[/snapback]

Agreed...

And I think there are legit parallels between JJ and Samuels on the Field. While I'm more familiar with Jonas' play, I think it's fair to say Samuels has been better than Jennings when he's been at his best, but Samuels is also a Top 5 1st Round Pick...He should be better...But I've also seen Samuels have some REAL bad Games...I mean REAL bad...And I have to believe Jonas is just about as consistant as Samuels overall...I just don't think there's that big a gap between these two LT's, and I don't think either is worth what they're going to get paid... :D

I don't know if it will turn out to be consensus or not, but I'm totally in favor of allowing Jonas to walk...I just don't see him as a diffference maker. He's steady, but not worth Franchise LT cash...Not many LT's are... :(

Agreed...

And I think there are legit parallels between JJ and Samuels on the Field. While I'm more familiar with Jonas' play, I think it's fair to say Samuels has been better than Jennings when he's been at his best, but Samuels is also a Top 5 1st Round Pick...He should be better...But I've also seen Samuels have some REAL bad Games...I mean REAL bad...And I have to believe Jonas is just about as consistant as Samuels overall...I just don't think there's that big a gap between these two LT's, and I don't think either is worth what they're going to get paid... :D

I don't know if it will turn out to be consensus or not, but I'm totally in favor of allowing Jonas to walk...I just don't see him as a diffference maker. He's steady, but not worth Franchise LT cash...Not many LT's are... :(

258103[/snapback]

Being in the area, I get to watch and hear a lot of Redskins football. Samuels is a very solid LT. His problem his not him but the fact that the skins interior line absolutely blow. The 3 inside guys make our inside from 2 years ago look all World. He was basically asked to block two guys on nearly every play. Now Samuals is not Ogden, Pace, Adams, etc.. but he is more than just above average. Where Jonas is clearly a second tier LT, Samuals is probably at the bottom on the top tier.

Now y'all know why TD is letting Jennings go......it would take a $12+ million signing bonus.....way too much for an above average OT

258034[/snapback]

OK, so im continuing to carefully watch your salary cap methodology. So far it looks like, the Bills have a lot less in cap than reported, and FA cost alot more than they should.

Im still waiting for the veil to be lifted where you say we should go the cheaper by the dozen route.

Sorry, TD called out his O, he has no starting LT, they cost money, put your money where your mouth is. They aint cheap and we need an upgrade to JJ which probably means even more than he was asking.

Being in the area, I get to watch and hear a lot of Redskins football.  Samuels is a very solid LT.  His problem his not him but the fact that the skins interior line absolutely blow.  The 3 inside guys make our inside from 2 years ago look all World.  He was basically asked to block two guys on nearly every play.  Now Samuals is not Ogden, Pace, Adams, etc..  but he is more than just above average.  Where Jonas is clearly a second tier LT, Samuals is probably at the bottom on the top tier.

258154[/snapback]

I think, post Shelton, that we now are agreeing. I hope you agree that we need an upgrade to JJ and that its going to cost us big money.

I think, post Shelton, that we now are agreeing. I hope you agree that we need an upgrade to JJ and that its going to cost us big money.

258170[/snapback]

I have always said Jonas is a second tier LT, if you would just listen. The difference is that so is Shelton. Jonas and Shelton boths have problems with certain types of pass rushers. But Shelton is a lot better in the running game. Plus Shelton has proven to be less injury prone.

Hence Shelton is an upgrade over Jennings.