Irish Bangers - great deal

Punching Bag

No this is not a "would you?" thread.

This time of year stores carry Irish items and one of the items on sale at local Restaurant Depot was a 10 pound box of Irish Bangers (sausages) for $10. Never had those before by that name but after looking at ingredients (pork, cornmeal primarily) I figured it was worth a shot. They were delicious and thrifty so we went back and bought 2 more boxes while they were on sale. May have bought more (and did not notice until after one box was opened that one was short a few) but freezer space is tight.

Note: i read on another site that the Irish do not use that term so that may be why I never saw it listed on any of the Irish restaurants I have eaten in.

Anyone else find real pleasure in finding great deals on products you never know existed? Mostly I find them on produce and my wife asks "Have you ever had them?" and my answer is "I'll try". I have very cosmopolitan tastes.

This time of year stores carry Irish items and one of the items on sale at local Restaurant Depot was a 10 pound box of Irish Bangers (sausages) for $10. Never had those before by that name but after looking at ingredients (pork, cornmeal primarily) I figured it was worth a shot. They were delicious and thrifty so we went back and bought 2 more boxes while they were on sale. May have bought more (and did not notice until after one box was opened that one was short a few) but freezer space is tight.

Note: i read on another site that the Irish do not use that term so that may be why I never saw it listed on any of the Irish restaurants I have eaten in.

Anyone else find real pleasure in finding great deals on products you never know existed? Mostly I find them on produce and my wife asks "Have you ever had them?" and my answer is "I'll try". I have very cosmopolitan tastes.

I always thought bangers was more of a British term?

Still remember going to the Rose & Crown restaurant in Epcot at Disney World and ordering the bangers and mash. It was one of my favorite meals to that point in my life (probably 13 years old). I'm pretty sure bangers became a running joke for the rest of the trip too.

Poojer would, anyway.