Anyone get an email from the commish?

This will be great if he's actually trying to get rid of extra commercials. A lot of this is just damage control for the tanking ratings, but I think it will help clearing commercials and fixing the refereeing issues. I especially like the tablet idea with a link to central command.

The replay stuff is a strong move forward.

"He" can't get rid of commercials. The number and frequency were negotiated by the owners and the networks. They are contractual. The may try to group them together for longer commercial breaks, but the commercials are paid for and unless the owners are going to give contract money back to the networks (and therefore advertisers), the amount of commercial time won't change.

As for "tanking ratings", 5 of the top 10 single broadcasts were NFL broadcasts in 2016. Also, the much maligned TNF was a top 10 "regularly scheduled" broadcast last year, beating out MNF. But everyone hates TNF right?

Or do what the Indy 500 does with a commercial running with the race on split screen.

Only 6.4 million people watched the Indy 500. So ad time was probably dirt cheap and advertisers don't care if they are a background screen banner or spilt screen. Plus it's just cars driving in circles, so there is no real action to interrupt with commercials. If they were paying what they do for an NFL game (or the SB, for the Indy car event equivalent), no way they would settle for anything but full commercial breaks.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The "Mish"... It's what I call him, the Mish and I were having lunch a few weeks ago when he talked about this. He said "Beef (that's me), we need to keep the game flowing while not losing actual commercial time."

Long story short the Mish and I talked and and came up with this. That is why I didn't get my email.

thank you for everything you do!