Bears now front runners for Shelton?

Rudyc80

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...315/1007/SPORTS

Also i really think TD makes a play for Wahle since hes teh best out there and lets face it...we need to upgrade the oline not have it take a step back with shelton. As much as it would cost...TD should get Whale and make that our big splash of free agency.

We cant go backwards with our bad oline so if we dont get Whale....who else is out there...nobody! TD has conytinued to say that the big focus of the offseason is to improve our oline....the key word is IMPROVE THE OLINE which makes me think wahle has a good chance to be a bill!

(G) Marco Rivera is also likley to be released says his agent today. Either of these guys would be great! Also with Farve losing both lineman RIvera+Wahle.....hes probaly gonna retire.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...315/1007/SPORTS

Also i really think TD makes a play for Wahle since hes teh best out there and lets face it...we need to upgrade the oline not have it take a step back with shelton. As much as it would cost...TD should get Whale and make that our big splash of free agency.

We cant go backwards with our bad oline so if we dont get Whale....who else is out there...nobody! TD has conytinued to say that the big focus of the offseason is to improve our oline....the key word is IMPROVE THE OLINE which makes me think wahle has a good chance to be a bill!

256652[/snapback]

Getting Shelton would have made getting Wahle more likely -- not the other way around. If Shelton goes to the Bears then the Bills still need to shell out some big cash to get a decent LT.

Even if Shelton isn't as good as JJ, he isn't much of a step down but would come a whole lot cheaper.

The Bills will still end up with Shelton, I feel confident that this trade will get done.

256664[/snapback]

I agree. This is not like the Peerless thing when we were moving a guy who was #1 only in his mind. Travis is still a tough bastard, stud of a running back and I think that he's rightfully coveted by at least a few GMs out there.

Roth's picture is a tad on the negative side....I do probably think both sides are trying to get what they can from the other.....

Green probably wants Travis to extend 3 years at a reasonable salary and bonus...probably about $3M per average and he wants to wrangle a 6th or 7th from TD.

TD wants a straight up deal.

We'll see who gets what they want--but I, like BGIM, think this will get done.

Roth's picture is a tad on the negative side....I do probably think both sides are trying to get what they can from the other.....

Green probably wants Travis to extend 3 years at a reasonable salary and bonus...probably about $3M per average and he wants to wrangle a 6th or 7th from TD.

TD wants a straight up deal.

We'll see who gets what they want--but I, like BGIM, think this will get done.

256716[/snapback]

Travis will not get 3 million per year. He is a #25-30 best back in the league as has been gone over and over again. He is worth about 1.8 per year.

The Shelton trade will get done b/c TD will have to throw in a 3rd or 4th rd pick.  It doesn't make me happy, but I'd do it to get Shelton.

I will be PISSED if TD gives ANY pick, much less a 3rd or 4th rounder, plus Henry, for Shelton. I like Shelton's potential, but it's not like he lost his job to a better player, just a higher-priced one.

Travis will not get 3 million per year.  He is a #25-30 best back in the league as has been gone over and over again.  He is worth about 1.8 per year.

256727[/snapback]

Just because you have said it over and over again does not mean it has been agreed upon by everyone involved....including the Cards and Bills.

I agree. This is not like the Peerless thing when we were moving a guy who was #1 only in his mind. Travis is still a tough bastard, stud of a running back and I think that he's rightfully coveted by at least a few GMs out there.

256670[/snapback]

Bettis just signed with the Steelers again, so there are not many RB's to choose from this off season. TD will get a quality pick or player for Travis, or he will remain a Bill next year. I don't think that would be a bad thing.