Adolphus Washington

You guys really think Marcel is some big lazy oaf but fact of the matter is on the field, he has consistently been one of our hardest working players. He just needs to stop getting busted for weed.

We really don't appreciate his ability to control the LOS. We also forget he played for Saban. Wauffle will be a return to normalcy for him.

Boneheaded offseason moves are still boneheaded. Combine that with the fact that he apparently didn't keep in good enough shape while out last year and immediately got injured, which kept him out for another 4 games and you shouldn't be surprised by the lack of love he receives on this board. The only type of players who get consistent love on here are high-motor guys with squeaky clean images.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is absolutely built to be a perfect 3 tech in McDermotts attacking 43

He is an absolute athletic stud who is 300+ LBs but moves like a Defensive end

Maybe thats because he was a highly touted DE prospect coming out of HS at 245 LBs

He has every pass rush move you could ask for

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

He is primed for a break out year in an attacking style Defense

I see very good things in Adolphus Washington's future

I agree - I think this defense is made for a rotation of Washington, Dareus, and Williams inside. I think Shaq Lawson and Hughes on the outside as rush DEs will also bring the pressure.

I am a bit worried about depth, but I think the 4-3 is the correct defensive fit for the D-Line and if we can get some help at LB via FA or Draft - I think this Defense will come back around pretty quick.

I'ts funny, watching last years draft when they picked Lawson in the 1st round I thought he'd be a better 43 DE than a 34 OLB. When they picked Ragland in the 2nd I thought he'd make a better 43 MLB. When they drafted Washington in the 3rd I thought he would make a better 43 DT rather than a 34 DE.

A year later and it looks like that's where all three end up.

I think Washington will see plenty of snaps backing up Kyle and some backing up Dareus this season and then win a starting job next season.

I thought the exact same thing - I know they were Rex guys, but I did not think they fitted his defense as much as the 4-3 under Schwartz.