Bandit's 2017 QB Evaluations

thebandit27

Yes, for amateur scouts it's harder to get the intangibles right. Look at Dak. For the outsider he was a a bad guy from the DUI. From people that knew more he is a workaholic, high character guy that dedicates every game to his mom that died. Dak asked his college coach to change the offense so that he could be more ready for the NFL. That's the sign of a guy that can lead a team, not just be a passenger. Proactive.

I don't think character was the issue for most of us--a DUI is a mistake, and it wasn't part of a pattern.

For me, the issue was that he didn't appear well-developed as a passer in any respect, hadn't operated an NFL offense, and his YPA took nearly a full-yard hit as a senior.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI...

"If here's there Day 2...I've had people tell me Mahomes is their favorite quarterback in the draft."-Ian Rapoport

He's my favorite in the draft anyway. I only like Mahomes and Trubisky in the first two rounds and like Mahomes better because I like to gamble on higher upside.

He's my favorite in the draft anyway. I only like Mahomes and Trubisky in the first two rounds and like Mahomes better because I like to gamble on higher upside.

He's my favorite as well, but I have him as my QB2 right now because I think Trubisky is more likely to be able to start immediately.

Just FYI...

"If here's there Day 2...I've had people tell me Mahomes is their favorite quarterback in the draft."-Ian Rapoport

Good info, but if he's their favorite QB, you can bet that they're not the only team that likes him. Remember how the Bills thought they might have a shot at Wentz last year? That changed once the evaluation process went into high gear. Waiting until day 2 only to lose him would be about as Bills-y as it can get.

Good info, but if he's their favorite QB, you can bet that they're not the only team that likes him. Remember how the Bills thought they might have a shot at Wentz last year? That changed once the evaluation process went into high gear. Waiting until day 2 only to lose him would be about as Bills-y as it can get.

I really don't think there's any chance he gets past the top 40 picks.

Too many teams with QB needs picking in that range:

Cleveland picks 3 times

SF picks twice

Chicago picks twice

NYJ pick twice

Plus you have Arizona and Houston.

I have to figure that out of those 6 teams and 11 picks, 4 QBs will be taken, and my money is on Trubisky/Watson/Kizer/Mahomes being those 4.

I really don't think there's any chance he gets past the top 40 picks.

Too many teams with QB needs picking in that range:

Cleveland picks 3 times

SF picks twice

Chicago picks twice

NYJ pick twice

Plus you have Arizona and Houston.

I have to figure that out of those 6 teams and 11 picks, 4 QBs will be taken, and my money is on Trubisky/Watson/Kizer/Mahomes being those 4.

Exactly, which is why your previous post was depressing! Hopefully history won't repeat itself yet again.