I Think the Bills Have Two Options

1) If it is possible to restructure Tyrod, you obviously have to do it while still adding QBs to the roster through the draft. If the defense goes back to a 4-3 and a legit coordinator is brought in, we probably have an entertaining season.

2) If Tyrod does not come back, I see no way the position is upgraded next year. They have to bring in two more QBs and have them battle it out with Jones for starter. If this is the case, we are most likely looking at a top 5 pick with hopes to land a QB in the 2018 draft.

I am fine with either of these paths although #2 seems like it was just yesterday the last time it happened. I know every year people always say NEXT year a lot of good qbs will be in the draft. I have no idea but I would not be surprised if that thought is in Pegula's head right now. Maybe they just throw Cardale to the wolves as Kyle, Gilmore, Woods and others depart. Taking the lumps for next year just might be the right path for these guys....

Option 2 infers tanking and i completely disagree with that notion in the NFL. If they covet one QB there is still no guarantee of finishing with the worst record to land him.

The team is not bad, no need to blow it up. They need to re-sign Tyrod and try to improve the defense which should not be too hard to do. If they absolutely love a QB in the 2018 draft then by all means, trade a bunch of picks and move up. I wouldn't blame them for trying to hit a HR if things still aren't working in 2017.

Option 2 infers tanking and i completely disagree with that notion in the NFL. If they covet one QB there is still no guarantee of finishing with the worst record to land him.

The team is not bad, no need to blow it up. They need to re-sign Tyrod and try to improve the defense which should not be too hard to do. If they absolutely love a QB in the 2018 draft then by all means, trade a bunch of picks and move up. I wouldn't blame them for trying to hit a HR if things still aren't working in 2017.

It is not tanking, it is a bad team that will not win more than 4 games with a drop in QB play while their top Corner hits the market. If Tyrod is not their QB next year, the Bills will have no reason to tank...they will just be bad

Why is the franchise retaining people responsible for this contract necessitating a renegotiation? Who signs a player to a contract and then less than 5 months later it needs to be re-worked?

What message does it send both internal and external to the organization that this team knows what it's doing?

I say Tank and see what Cardale can do.

then draft USC QB Sam Darnold after

he becomes draft eligible after next season.

If it were only that easy...... Darnold is going to be on everybody's wish list.

Why is the franchise retaining people responsible for this contract necessitating a renegotiation? Who signs a player to a contract and then less than 5 months later it needs to be re-worked?

What message does it send both internal and external to the organization that this team knows what it's doing?

This ^^^

:wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:

Because Russ Brandon is in deeper than anybody cares to admit......

Because Russ Brandon is in deeper than anybody cares to admit......

Russ Brandon is in charge of a lot...so much that the GM doesn't even know how much. It's amazing how one man can handle it all at PSE.

Then again, maybe Russ Brandon doesn't really exist and he's just a figment of our imaginations.

It's the nature of nearly every contract that players sign. Simple reality is that the Bills gave him a deal with an option for the team to pick him up at $15.5m. Exercise the option, drop him, or leave him on the roster and the $27.5m becomes fully guaranteed. The message I take from the organization is that they knew exactly what they were doing. They gave him a "show us and earn your $$ contract". He got paid more than he deserved for a mediocre year and isn't going to continue to get paid at that rate IMO. The failure of people to understand that this isn't some "fixed term" contract, or that many NFL player contracts share similar structures is baffling.