If we have to lose PW, what about Chis Hovan

That was 4 years ago though...since then his tackle numbers have slowly decreased, his attitude has increased, and nobody in the NFL is scared of him.  I doubt they ever were.  Pass on this guy, our replacement for Pat is already on roster.  Hopefully no Bills fan is seriously considering having this lump on our team.

255047[/snapback]

You could use this reply to describe Hovan. A lump. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

That was 4 years ago though...since then his tackle numbers have slowly decreased, his attitude has increased, and nobody in the NFL is scared of him.  I doubt they ever were.  Pass on this guy, our replacement for Pat is already on roster.  Hopefully no Bills fan is seriously considering having this lump on our team.

255047[/snapback]

The downfall of his tackle numbers are a concern, but he still can get to the QB. His woes are reminiscent of Anthony "Booger" McFarland. I doubt we'd trade for him but I'd take the lump for $950k (over the likes of Justin Bannan) he's due to earn next season but that $6.6 million in 2006 would have to be renogiated.

Why? What has Hovan done to make you believe he is the right player for the Bills?

255057[/snapback]

The guy is an overachiever who put up the following:

YEAR TEAM G GS TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD

2000 MIN 16 13 48 44 4 1 2.0 0 0 0 0 0

2001 MIN 16 16 45 33 12 1 6.0 2 1 0 0 0

2002 MIN 16 16 52 41 11 4 5.5 0 2 0 0 0

2003 MIN 16 16 27 20 7 4 2.0 1 0 0 0 0

2004 MIN 13 9 20 11 9 2 1.5 0 2 0 0 0

CAREER 77 -- 192 149 43 12 17.0 3 -- 0 0 0

5.5 and 6.0 sacks plus forced fumbles isnt bad for a undersized DT. I like his approach to the game, he may not be the biggest, but he has a huge heart and in our scheme with our supporting cast on D he could excel. Edwards had a great game and 2 sacks, I wanted him to show that Pat could walk, I didnt really see sh_t from him after that game.

Hovan brings a tough attitude that we need late in games at times. Hes a guy you could count on when Pat or Sam start to breathe heavy. Id love to add an overachiever next to big Sam and let him go.

Id love to add an overachiever next to big Sam and let him go.

255064[/snapback]

If 1.5 sacks and 11 tackles is over achieving than you have a seriously low threshold for achievement. You are so off the mark with Hovan it's not even funny.

Guess what Buffalo DT had 4 sacks and 48 tackles last season? Ron Edwards.

I rest my case.

Forced fumbles??? he had two back in 2001 which is the same year he had 6 sacks

I don't get it --- the guy has done nothing for two years in a row on a bad defense.

The guy is an overachiever who put up the following:

YEAR TEAM  G  GS  TOT  SOLO  AST  PD  SACK  FF  REC  INT  YDS  TD

2000 MIN 16  13  48  44  4  1  2.0  0  0  0  0  0

2001 MIN 16  16  45  33  12  1  6.0  2  1  0  0  0

2002 MIN 16  16  52  41  11  4  5.5  0  2  0  0  0

2003 MIN 16  16  27  20  7  4  2.0  1  0  0  0  0

2004 MIN 13  9  20  11  9  2  1.5  0  2  0  0  0

CAREER  77  --  192  149  43  12  17.0  3  --  0  0  0

5.5 and 6.0 sacks plus forced fumbles isnt bad for a undersized DT. I like his approach to the game, he may not be the biggest, but he has a huge heart and in our scheme with our supporting cast on D he could excel. Edwards had a great game and 2 sacks, I wanted him to show that Pat could walk, I didnt really see sh_t from him after that game.

Hovan brings a tough attitude that we need late in games at times. Hes a guy you could count on when Pat or Sam start to breathe heavy. Id love to add an overachiever next to big Sam and let him go.

255064[/snapback]

If 1.5 sacks and 11 tackles is over achieving than you have a seriously low threshold for achievement. You are so off the mark with Hovan it's not even funny.

Guess what Buffalo DT had 4 sacks and 48 tackles last season? Ron Edwards.

I rest my case.

255073[/snapback]

again, I think the drop off is from the D he is on and his earlier numbers are better than Edwards. You seem to want Edwards as our #2 DT, OK fine I have heard your opinion.

Lets put it this way, I wont be unhappy if Edwards is our #2 DT next year, I guess Id like to see us upgrade to Pat, thats all.

Hovan is a very average DT. He is a bit undersized and quick. But really tends to get out of position at times and is a big part of the reason the Vikings defense sucks. He works hard but really gets pushed around and tries to shoot holes too much. Almost like a Linebacker filling gaps. Problem is he is supposed to keep the gaps and let the backers through the holes to make the tackles.

With is speed he has been able to get some sacks in the past but with recent injuries he may not have it anymore. Edwards while probably not as quick is a much more solid DT who will play in the system better, this is important as Adams likes to shoot gaps on occassion and they need Edwards to hold his ground for the linebackers. Hovan doesn't do that.

That was 4 years ago though...since then his tackle numbers have slowly decreased, his attitude has increased,

255047[/snapback]

Yeah, like I said you were wrong. All you forgot was the "Yeah, but" in front of "that was 4 years ago though...". Good to see you are learning how to look up info on the internet though. No offense dude, but you've been here a long time, come prepared or don't even bring it. Warren is what he is, but he's had stretches of good play and has a world of ability.

The downfall of his tackle numbers are a concern, but he still can get to the QB. His woes are reminiscent of Anthony "Booger" McFarland. I doubt we'd trade for him but I'd take the lump for $950k (over the likes of Justin Bannan) he's due to earn next season but that $6.6 million in 2006 would have to be renogiated.

255055[/snapback]

I think if the cap hit is 950K we should definitely trade for him unless it costs us a day one pick in 2005. If he renegotiates I'd give them a 2nd round pick in 2006 and if not I'd give them a 5th in 2006.

A change of scenery on a winning team is what this guy most likely needs.

Just saw this on Fox Sports. 

Pretty well sums up Hovan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3426452

257920[/snapback]

Disagree. I'm betting that when he's paired with Dockett in AZ, which seems to be his likely destination, that he is back to the form of two years ago.

He's not an All-Pro, but he very solid player IMHO.

I heard Warren was traded to Denver for a 4th Round Pick.

Why do the Bills need to waste valuable cap space on a DT with a name? What is wrong with Ron Edwards & Tim Anderson? I think the Bills are very set at DT. Ron Edwards played pretty well last year when he was in there. He is 6'3", 320 lbs. and is only 25 years old. The answer to the DT question is already a Buffalo Bill.