Ryan Neufeld (FA)

Mike Pucillo (FA)

Shane Matthews (FA)

Lauvale Sape

Izell Reese (FA)

Pierson Prioleau

Rian Lindell (!!!!)

Explanations for pickups, etc:

-Quincy Carter: A veteran STARTER at QB. A player who (talent-wise) is in the prime of his career. He's not like this list of QB's who are on the downside of their careers (I.E. Kurt Warner, Vinny Testeverde, Neil O'Donnel, etc.). Yes, he does have off the field problems; but that doesn't mean jack on the field. Let the guy spend time in rehab during the offseason (which he is doing) and then focus on football during the season. He's obviously not going to be a starter anywhere and will be very cheap. The ideal place for him to go would be backing up an unstable starter or a rookie. We don't need a "mentor" QB because that's why we have Sam Wyche.

-Jason White: Here's a guy with GREAT leadership qualities. He's a winner. But because of a few scout "questions", this Heisman winner will drop. Right now we have J.P. and nothing else. After signing a veteran, I think we need to draft another QB to be a career backup; AVP style. No one fills that bill better than Jason White.

-Maurice Clarrett: Geesh, am I going to get flamed for this one. I was reading TD's comments and interest in Maurice at the combine today and it got me thinking. Just like Quincy, this kid is not going to be a starter anywhere. He's gotten himself in great shape and according to reports, has been impressing scouts with his new attitude. This means he's gone from being a very late pick (perhaps not even drafted) to being a 4th rounder. We need to have another RB back there and he'd be a good guy to come in and compliment Willis. If he turns out to be a star, then we ship him out at a later date for a higher pick. If he becomes a problem child again, it was just a 4th round pick.

-Freddie Jones: A solid veteran, starting TE whose talent was wasted in Arizona. Bubba Franks was a nice thought, but he was tagged as most thought he would be and even if he wasn't he'd be too much money for a position that isn't our most important need. Freddie Jones would be an asset.

-Keeping Josh Reed: I think he should be given another chance. His rookie year was very promising. Unfortunately, the switch from being #3 WR to #2 didn't work out well. Then we took him from 2 back to 3, gave him a brand new scheme, and coaching staff to work with. I say we give him another year. He was practically a #1 pick. If he were our #1 or #2 guy maybe I wouldn't say that. But as a #3 and with another solid TE in Jones, why take the cap hit and spend more money to bring in a reciever just to play #3? I think the upside far outweighs the down in keeping Josh. But if he doesn't work in 2005, then we let him go.

L.J. Shelton: From what I read, we should be seeing the Henry for Shelton trade completed any day now. Here's another guy whose talent was wasted in Arizona. I think all he needs is a change of scenery and some help around him and this guy will be a STUD. Plus, his price tag with Arizona is rather cheap.

Jermane Newberry: It's no secret that we need another solid guard. Phili has already made it clear that they don't expect him back. Newberry is one of the top guards in the league. Carter will cost close to nothing. Shelton and Jones will come cheap. Newberry and Pat Williams will be where most of our cap space will go.

Antonio Perkins: Another CB is neccessary. But not to the point that we drop a butt-load of money on Ty Law. We just need another guy to be #2 or #3 and we'll be solid there. Perkins was a good quality, star corner in college. He (realistically) will be the best corner available with our top pick.

Mike Nugent: I don't think this needs any explanation. I expect him to go no earlier than early in the 3rd. He should be available with our 3rd pick. If need be, we should trade up in the 3rd if we think he'll be taken before our pick.

Don't flame me too bad guys.......

Carter, I could live with. Clarett, personally, i wouldn't touch with your ****, but i was very surprised to see both td and mm praising his workouts, and seeing as how they know a little more than i do about football, i would have to defer to their expertise and get behind anyone in a bills uni.

and another thing, i wouldn't dare flame anyone who put intellegent thought into their reasoning, i may not agree, but i would never flame

QB:

J.P. Losman

Quincy Carter

Jason White

RB:

Willis McGahee

Maurice Clarett

Shaud Williams

-

Daimon Shelton

Joe Burns

WR:

Eric Moulds

Lee Evans

Josh Reed

Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith

Sam Aiken

TE:

Freddie Jones

Mark Campbell

Tim Euhus

OL:

L.J. Shelton (LT)

Jermane Newberry (LG)

Trey Teague (Center)

Chris Villarial (RG)

Mike Williams (RT)

-

Ross Tucker

Marcus Price

Lawrence Smith

Ben Sobieski

Dylan McFarland

Jason Peters

DE:

Aaron Schobel

Chris Kelsay

Ryan Denney

Constantin Ritzmann

DT:

Sam Adams

Pat Williams

Ron Edwards

Justin Bannan

LB:

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Jeff Posey

Angelo Crowell

Mario Haggan

Josh Stamer

CB:

Nate Clements

Terrence McGee

Antonio Perkins

Kevin Thomas

Jabari Greer

S:

Lawyer Milloy

Troy Vincent

Coy Wire

Rashad Baker

ST:

Mike Nugent (K)

Brian Moorman (P)

Jon Dorenbas (LS)

Free Agent Pickups:

Quincy Carter 

Freddie Jones

Jermane Newberry

Pat Williams

Draft:

#2 - Antonio Perkins (CB, Oklahoma)

#3 - Mike Nugent (K, Ohio State)

#4 - Maurice Clarrett (RB, Ohio State)

#5 - Jason White (QB, Oklahoma)

#6 -

#7 -

Cut/Let Loose:

Drew Bledsoe (Done)

Travis Henry (Trade)

Ryan Neufeld (FA)

Mike Pucillo (FA)

Shane Matthews (FA)

Lauvale Sape

Izell Reese (FA)

Pierson Prioleau

Rian Lindell (!!!!)

Explanations for pickups, etc:

-Quincy Carter: A veteran STARTER at QB. A player who (talent-wise) is in the prime of his career. He's not like this list of QB's who are on the downside of their careers (I.E. Kurt Warner, Vinny Testeverde, Neil O'Donnel, etc.). Yes, he does have off the field problems; but that doesn't mean jack on the field. Let the guy spend time in rehab during the offseason (which he is doing) and then focus on football during the season. He's obviously not going to be a starter anywhere and will be very cheap. The ideal place for him to go would be backing up an unstable starter or a rookie. We don't need a "mentor" QB because that's why we have Sam Wyche.

-Jason White: Here's a guy with GREAT leadership qualities. He's a winner. But because of a few scout "questions", this Heisman winner will drop. Right now we have J.P. and nothing else. After signing a veteran, I think we need to draft another QB to be a career backup; AVP style. No one fills that bill better than Jason White.

-Maurice Clarrett: Geesh, am I going to get flamed for this one. I was reading TD's comments and interest in Maurice at the combine today and it got me thinking. Just like Quincy, this kid is not going to be a starter anywhere. He's gotten himself in great shape and according to reports, has been impressing scouts with his new attitude. This means he's gone from being a very late pick (perhaps not even drafted) to being a 4th rounder. We need to have another RB back there and he'd be a good guy to come in and compliment Willis. If he turns out to be a star, then we ship him out at a later date for a higher pick. If he becomes a problem child again, it was just a 4th round pick.

-Freddie Jones: A solid veteran, starting TE whose talent was wasted in Arizona. Bubba Franks was a nice thought, but he was tagged as most thought he would be and even if he wasn't he'd be too much money for a position that isn't our most important need. Freddie Jones would be an asset.

-Keeping Josh Reed: I think he should be given another chance. His rookie year was very promising. Unfortunately, the switch from being #3 WR to #2 didn't work out well. Then we took him from 2 back to 3, gave him a brand new scheme, and coaching staff to work with. I say we give him another year. He was practically a #1 pick. If he were our #1 or #2 guy maybe I wouldn't say that. But as a #3 and with another solid TE in Jones, why take the cap hit and spend more money to bring in a reciever just to play #3? I think the upside far outweighs the down in keeping Josh. But if he doesn't work in 2005, then we let him go.

L.J. Shelton: From what I read, we should be seeing the Henry for Shelton trade completed any day now. Here's another guy whose talent was wasted in Arizona. I think all he needs is a change of scenery and some help around him and this guy will be a STUD. Plus, his price tag with Arizona is rather cheap.

Jermane Newberry: It's no secret that we need another solid guard. Phili has already made it clear that they don't expect him back. Newberry is one of the top guards in the league. Carter will cost close to nothing. Shelton and Jones will come cheap. Newberry and Pat Williams will be where most of our cap space will go.

Antonio Perkins: Another CB is neccessary. But not to the point that we drop a butt-load of money on Ty Law. We just need another guy to be #2 or #3 and we'll be solid there. Perkins was a good quality, star corner in college. He (realistically) will be the best corner available with our top pick.

Mike Nugent: I don't think this needs any explanation. I expect him to go no earlier than early in the 3rd. He should be available with our 3rd pick. If need be, we should trade up in the 3rd if we think he'll be taken before our pick.

Don't flame me too bad guys.......

253536[/snapback]

Are you as high as Quincy????

NO WAY!!!!!!

Nugent won't last until the 3rd round....He will be a lower 1 or high 2....I'd love to get him however.....

I like the Jones pick up

253538[/snapback]

I realize that some of my views are a little out there.

But to think that Nugent is going in the 1st round (or even a high 2) is a little out there in itself. I haven't seen a mock yet that has him even going in the 2nd. Now I realize Mocks aren't accurate, but I haven't seen ONE that has him close to even #32.

He's good, but he's not Sebastian Janikowski coming out of college.

Really?

253543[/snapback]

I will say that I'm least convinced of that one, and I don't have any reason to think it, I just do.

I think someone will reach for him in the 3rd...For some reason I have GB in mind. I think they'll skip QB in the first two rounds and reach for White in the third.

I will say that I'm least convinced of that one, and I don't have any reason to think it, I just do.

I think someone will reach for him in the 3rd...For some reason I have GB in mind.  I think they'll skip QB in the first two rounds and reach for White in the third.

253548[/snapback]

Interesting. I don't see him being successful at the next level but I'm curious to see what happens with him in the draft.

Nothing wrong with a gut feeling - unless you're JP-Era and the feeling is actually your head being up your ass.

I like the roster, but disagree with 3 of your 4 draft ideas.

Nugent will be gone by the second.

White will go in day 1.

Clarett will go to Oakland or Miami in round 3.

253542[/snapback]

White has two rebuild knees .......he might be slower than Bledsoe. Did you see him against USC ---- it wasn't pretty!!!!

White has two rebuild knees .......he might be slower than Bledsoe. Did you see him against USC ---- it wasn't pretty!!!!

253585[/snapback]

I know, I've seen mocks that have him going in the 6th. I think 4th is more likely, and like I said, someone might reach.

Nugent won't last until the 3rd round....He will be a lower 1 or high 2....I'd love to get him however.....

I like the Jones pick up

Agreed. I don't like QC because he's not the right fit behind a rookie QB. He's not experienced enough to be a mentor and his baggage/personal issues are more than a little bothersome. I'd rather have an experienced, battle tested vet.

Clarett, personally, i wouldn't touch with your ****, but i was very surprised to see both td and mm praising his workouts, and seeing as how they know a little more than i do about football, i would have to defer to their expertise and get behind anyone in a bills uni.

253540[/snapback]

I think TD is backing off his harsh criticism of Clarett to get someone to bite on him so that the Bills have a better shot at the player they really want. No way do they want a guy with his attitude and priorities on this team. Besideswhich, he would only last here as long as the four years on his contract, then it's time for the money.

Besides, the last time Willis and Clarett were on the same field it didn't end well. No more of that, please.

I realize that some of my views are a little out there.

But to think that Nugent is going in the 1st round (or even a high 2) is a little out there in  itself. I haven't seen a mock yet that has him even going in the 2nd. Now I realize Mocks aren't accurate, but I haven't seen ONE that has him close to even #32.

He's good, but he's not Sebastian Janikowski coming out of college.

253541[/snapback]

the ONLY mock drafts that matter are the 32 drawn up by each team. the closer we get to draft day the more i think nugent's stock will rise because of the supposed lack of blue chippers in this draft. i really think some team...when it comes to their pick in the the bottom of the FIRST round...is gonna say, "no one else we can be sure will make an immediate impact. lets just get our kicker for the next decade"...and pick nugent.