(OT) New Name for Boston Arena

The Avenger

Now that Fleet Bank has been absorbed by Bank of America the Fleet Center (home of the Boston Bruins and Celtics) is looking for a new permanent name.

They decided to sell the name on a daily basis - some kid had it named after him by Make a Wish, etc.

They autioned a name on EBay and a NYC lawyer won it. His proposed name: Derek Jeter Arena.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I hate the Yanks, but you gotta give kudos to to that dude - that's some great thinking.

Derek Jeter Arena?

Now that Fleet Bank has been absorbed by Bank of America the Fleet Center (home of the Boston Bruins and Celtics) is looking for a new permanent name.

They decided to sell the name on a daily basis - some kid had it named after him by Make a Wish, etc.

They autioned a name on EBay and a NYC lawyer won it. His proposed name: Derek Jeter Arena.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I hate the Yanks, but you gotta give kudos to to that dude - that's some great thinking.

Derek Jeter Arena?

252968[/snapback]

LOL, great story. I'd love to name the Dolphins' stadium "Jim Kelly Stadium" for a day.

Derek Jeter Arena?

252968[/snapback]

Good man! Teach those Red Sux fans their place!!

They shouldn't be able to back out of it and if they do, it shows the bias of the local courts. I love this. I guess they deserve it. What do you expect when you put the naming rights up for auction on ebay? :doh:

Great idea! That would be !@#$ing hilarious to see. :flirt: