My 10 cents on the game

BmarvB

I really don't know what to say about this one.....

1) Still not a big fan of using the qb option as a regular part of the offense. Let TT run only when he really needs to, or when the read-option allows for it.Use his running ability sparingly and wisely.

2) Penalties, penalties, and more idiot penalties. One cost us a TD

3) Another unheard of guy tried to make a name for himself against the Bills. Who the hell is Tyler Boyd? Glad they nipped that in the bud before he stole the game from them.

4) TT still not as decisive as he needs to be in the pocket. Decisions made too slow in the passing game and he's still not finding his open receivers deep down the middle. He's leaving touchdowns on the field and sometimes subjecting his receivers to knockout shots from defenders. It's time for the coaches to start calling him out like they did with the CBs. This can't continue at this point. I'm still holding on to hope for him to fix that but patience only lasts for so long.
5) Offensive Play calling inside the 10 could have been better this time around. Needed to run right down their throats more than they did. And the missed 3rd down pass just before the 2 1/2 min mark in the 4th qtr was so unnecessary. A run up the gut would have got the 1st down against a worn down Bengals front, and even if it didn't, it would have taken valuable time off the clock. Bengals never should have that much time to make it that far downfield to have a shot at stealing the game.

6) It really isn't necessary to alter the offensive game plan if Shady has to come out. Gillislee has shown that he is a very capable #2 back who can keep the ground game going.

7) I hope Robert Woods isn't lost for an extended period of time. He was really starting to come around. Harvin is understandably not in sync yet. Tate can contribute at WR in the meantime. Would love to see him break a return for a TD though. He's due for one.

8) 3rd down defense was killing them in the first half but really tightened up and got the stops they needed in the 2nd half. Wish Gilmore would have scored on that first INT though. Much better play from him this week.

9) Think Mike Nugent will still have a job after this? If I were Marvin Lewis, he'd have been gone before you started reading this :lol:

10) This was a classic example of winning ugly, but hey a win is a win and boy did they ever need it. Forget about winning out, forget about winning 5 of the next 6. Just win next week and deal with the rest as they come!!

GO BILLS!!!!

My 10 cents on the League...

How is football going to survive with all the injuries (and stoppages). People talk about the off field stuff and the officiating being a turn off. To me the bigger thing is how much time is lost due to injuries and more importantly how can the game be any where good with so many star players constantly going down.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I really don't know what to say about this one.....

...GO BILLS!!!!

Good stuff.

Yes, TT has to start getting the ball out. He’s turning into Trent Edwards with better wheels. Got to get past this reluctance to let the ball go on time. Now he’s in the pattern where he isn’t even ready to make a play until after all the routes have been completed and it becomes night at the Improv.

I hope Robert Woods is ok. I noticed him in the last few games giving a really impressive all-out effort. He’s been laying out, grinding hard for every extra inch. It’s like he sees this team sliding and he has taken it on himself to be better and really leave it all out there. I think that was part of the reason he got hurt yesterday. He doesn’t go down easy—he keeps fighting and it made him vulnerable. Also, it was a late hit and should have been flagged for 15.

I agree on Gillislee. I think they can safely increase his quantity of touches. This team is built to run. I’d say let Felton get a couple more carries too.

Edited by Cugalabanza

I agree on Gillislee. I think they can safely increase his quantity of touches. This team is built to run. I’d say let Felton get a couple more carries too.

Yeah. Back in the day, teams would ram the FB right down the throat of the defense in short yardage as well as goal line situations. Could have called a couple more of those when we were staring at the Bengals goal line. Why not send Felton at them a few times to give a defense one more thing to think about.