Jersey Purchasing

brihs2005

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with buying jerseys is that the players move on, and I feel like a moron sitting at a game wearing a jersey of a player no longer there. So I get personalized, my own name and number.

My favorite jerseys are my Heat Jerseys: Wade and Shaq; and my FSU Jersey: #12, no name.

My problem with buying jerseys is that the players move on, and I feel like a moron sitting at a game wearing a jersey of a player no longer there. So I get personalized, my own name and number.

My favorite jerseys are my Heat Jerseys: Wade and Shaq; and my FSU Jersey: #12, no name.

252754[/snapback]

I'd like to get a personalized jersey w/my name and old playing number on it, but I'd have to get the expensive one (authentic) for that.

Ooh! Ooh! Can I have it ?  :flirt:

252796[/snapback]

As bills_fan posted, you can get them off of ebay. I bought the #2 jersey off of ebay and had collegejersey.com make me a McGahee nametag for it. Nobody around here had the orange fabric for it. :doh: They charged me $35 for a "rounded" nametag. I mailed the jersey down to them and they sewed it on for me.

Lou Piccone (blue)

Jerry Butler (white)

Joe Ferguson (none of these 3 have fit me in at least a decade)- (blue)

Jim Kelly (white)

Gabe Northern (don't ask!) (blue)

Drew Bledsoe (home and away- they were X-mas gifts in 2001)

Much as I love the jerseys, I don't feel very comfortable in them, and rarely wore them. Funny thing though, once I wore the Kelly jersey to a game, in 1987 I think, at Rich. The Bills had just gotten trasehd by the Steelers. As I was walking out of the game, with my buddies, through the lot near the players lot, some little kid came running up to me, screaming "Mr Kelly, Mr Kelly"...he wanted my auto! I was a little loaded at the time, so I signed his program, using my real name. We all got a big laugh out of it. In retrospect, I wouldn't do that again, but it was amusing at the time. What is really funny, is I probably look more like Mike Lodish than Jim Kelly.

- Jim Kelly (home)

- Doug Flutie (home)

- Drew Bledsoe (home)

- Takeo Spikes (away)

- Mike Alstott - (Tampa Bay Bucs home) - Xmas present from my brother and family,who live near Tampa

- Shaun King (Tampa Bay Bucs home) - birthday present from my brother and family,who live near Tampa

- #1 HOF (black)

- Bills Red Dog (away)

I am a big jersey fan.  I usually get one every year to pump me up for the season.  I am wondering, considering we are unlikely to get a stud rookie, or a stud FA, who i should get for next season and how most of you selected the jerseys you currently have.

Do you buy a jersey of the QB?

Do you pick it because of the #?

Is it your favorite player?

Is it the biggest name new to the team?

I have always been a fan of winfield (i got his jersey the last year of the red white and blue)

Have Clements (my favorite Bill currently, and 22 was my former jersey number)

Have a TKO (big free agent two years ago)

and have a Moulds (Cause he has some serious game and because i wish i could have been a wideout).

Do you take a chance and buy a jersey like Vincent, because he may not be here in a few years?  Do you try and only buy jerseys of guys that will be around for a long period of time? Any insights or am i just a putz for going to class or dress down fridays at work with my Bills jersey on (not to mention wearing it to the bar on sundays)?

252438[/snapback]

Flutie

Hansen

Cowart

McGahee (hell yeah)

Bruce Smith (Auto.)

Jim Kelly (Auto)

Bryce Paup

Peerless Price

Travis Henry

Lee Evans

Takeo Spikes

Doug Flutie (Bills & Chargers)

It seems every year that I buy a jersey the player is gone within a year.... I think I am safe with Takeo & Evans though... GO BILLS !!!! :D