Not bad, but not very good either

jahnyc

That is what this team is right now. Probably true of our QB, our other players, our front office and our coaching staff.

No idea what the fix is other than finding a true franchise QB, which, as we all know, is exceptionally difficult. But it is not impossible, and the front office needs figure out a way to make it happen at some point. I like Tyrod, but I just don't see him further developing at this point since to the degree necessary.

I also don't think better coaching will make much of a difference with this group of players. If we had a dominating defense, maybe I would feel differently. but absent that, I don't see a lot changing in the near or longer term.

Tyrod's mental process as he looks to throw the ball is wrong for the NFL. He plays the position like a college QB, waiting to see a wide open receiver, usually standing still. Then he throws.

You can SEE him thinking on some plays..."Should I throw? Should I throw? Not sure. Not sure. Maybe. No. Don't think so" and then he checks down to a back for a 2 yard gain.

He does that type of thing way too much to be taken seriously as a passer at the NFL level.

On top of that, his mechanics are often bad and his accuracy can be dreadful. He is also highly inconsistent.

The best part of his game, by far, is his ad lib power and his running. But that is not really what you want your QB to be doing on a consistent basis.

That is what this team is right now. Probably true of our QB, our other players, our front office and our coaching staff.

No idea what the fix is other than finding a true franchise QB, which, as we all know, is exceptionally difficult. But it is not impossible, and the front office needs figure out a way to make it happen at some point. I like Tyrod, but I just don't see him further developing at this point since to the degree necessary.

I also don't think better coaching will make much of a difference with this group of players. If we had a dominating defense, maybe I would feel differently. but absent that, I don't see a lot changing in the near or longer term.

6 teams in each conference make the playoffs. Probably 8 have a chance. That's half the teams. So half the teams in the NFL have a guy at QB. That's not exceptionally difficult. What's exceptionally difficult is going on 20 years without finding one.

Tyrod's mental process as he looks to throw the ball is wrong for the NFL. He plays the position like a college QB, waiting to see a wide open receiver, usually standing still. Then he throws.

You can SEE him thinking on some plays..."Should I throw? Should I throw? Not sure. Not sure. Maybe. No. Don't think so" and then he checks down to a back for a 2 yard gain.

He does that type of thing way too much to be taken seriously as a passer at the NFL level.

On top of that, his mechanics are often bad and his accuracy can be dreadful. He is also highly inconsistent.

The best part of his game, by far, is his ad lib power and his running. But that is not really what you want your QB to be doing on a consistent basis.

Dear god throw in primadonna and rag arm, and you've just described the bills "best last QB" Doug Flutie.