Only 2 Ints Through 7 Games - Thoughts?

HardyBoy

Its funny how our "experts" even find fault with tyrod's lack of int's - amazing. For the love of God, look who he has been throwing to this year. Look at the stats of the Savior in PHI today or the STL qb. I wonder how you "experts" would be if we had a qb like Fitzpatrick??

And look at how his offensive "offensive line" played (or basically didn't) today.

Its funny how our "experts" even find fault with tyrod's lack of int's - amazing. For the love of God, look who he has been throwing to this year. Look at the stats of the Savior in PHI today or the STL qb. I wonder how you "experts" would be if we had a qb like Fitzpatrick??

Ok, let's flip the scenario. In a hypotherical situation let's say the bills ended the season with two fumbles, but only ran 10 times a game. How does that impact the team's overall strategy? What are the statistical thresholds in other areas on offense and defense that the team would need to achieve in order for it to be a successful strategy? What happens if you see a flash of potential in garbage time that makes you think that a slight shift in approach might lead to improved overall efficiency and expected outcome. It's all opportunity cost, what do those equations look like?

There are people on here who can provide detailed and informative input on these questions, and I think more than just me would be interested in their perspectives.

My take is they are playing it safe and the lack of picks is less a result of elite play and more a result of safe play design, which discourages anticipation throws.

That last drive, granted from the tv broadcast, looked like Tyrod was driving the ball down the middle of the field, into tight windows, with anticipation.

That throw to Goodwin isn't a hosiptal ball if it's to Watkins, or Woods and Clay even. Granted the dolphins were giving the middle of the field, but that was the qb we saw last year for stretches that got us excited.

Hoping some people with real football knowledge could weigh in and explain to me what I was seeing in that last drive, and if the two interception number through 7 games is more a sign of a muzzle vs excellent decision making and ball control.

Last drive was the result of Miami giving the middle and protecting the boundaries. i forgot who caught the ball at the one, but an accurate throw there and its a TD.

Tyrod's accuracy is a real friggen problem, and i think he knows it. That is why he only throws to wide open receivers, and it is without a doubt why we are #32...yep DEAD FRIGGEN LAST, in Yards after Catch. It is a massive problem.

Last drive was the result of Miami giving the middle and protecting the boundaries. i forgot who caught the ball at the one, but an accurate throw there and its a TD.

Tyrod's accuracy is a real friggen problem, and i think he knows it. That is why he only throws to wide open receivers, and it is without a doubt why we are #32...yep DEAD FRIGGEN LAST, in Yards after Catch. It is a massive problem.

What's funny is he seems to be more accurate when hes moving. The little under route to hunter was a nice little 3rd down conversion. And the first couple rollout plays seemed to work.

I hate the rolling out in the red zone calls though - it never works. It CAN work, but only if there's the threat of a run there.

On one he was rolling left, and it looked like o'leary was wide open but he didn't throw it. I couldn't see o'leary to see if he was maybe not looking? Or maybe he broke off his route thinking TT was going to run? I have no idea, but I can't imagine he didn't see him.

Edited by dneveu