help is already here

beausox

Denney would be a very good tight end. Bannon is a dirt dog scrapper tailor made for guard or even blocking back. Peters is so talented it is scary. I think he should continue on special teams and fill a role each week as dictated by opposition. He could be a pass rushing dt. Imagine putting him in motion and crushing de's as a split end?(. i recall tasker making de's take notice.) Peters is our slash player. I also believe if his wonderlic score of nine- out of fifty I think- is indicative it might be best to allow him to be as free to exercise his enormous talent as possible. Give him jobs on offense and defense that are not unlike his mentally-non-taxing wedge destroyer role on special teams

Denney would be a very good tight end. Bannon is a dirt dog scrapper tailor made for guard or even blocking back. Peters is so talented it is scary. I think he should continue on special teams and fill a role each week as dictated by opposition. He could be a pass rushing dt. Imagine putting him in motion and crushing de's as a split end?(. i recall tasker making de's take notice.) Peters is our slash player. I also believe if his wonderlic score of nine- out of fifty I think- is indicative it might be best to allow him to be as free to exercise his enormous talent as possible. Give him jobs on offense and defense that are not unlike his mentally-non-taxing wedge destroyer role on special teams

251634[/snapback]

Dam, this had me rolling. Mentally non-taxing is right LOL. 9 out of 50, wonder if there has been a lower score,ever.

Denney would be a very good tight end. Bannon is a dirt dog scrapper tailor made for guard or even blocking back. Peters is so talented it is scary.

251634[/snapback]

What has Denney done to make you believe he would be a "very good TE"?

Bannon may see time at guard during the off-season, but he's a project at best.

Peters is "so talented that it is scary" based on what? One blocked punt?

You get an A+ for your optimism though! ;)

251634[/snapback]

Can I play WR??? I am really super fast...

Peters is "so talented that it is scary" based on what?  One blocked punt?

251793[/snapback]

He did make a pretty nice play on the interception in the preseason. Plus, he's tall. ;)

If Bannon is ever a serviceable starting Olineman in the NFL, JMac goes straight to the HOF.

Peters is definitely an amazing athlete. It remains to be seen if he's a regular contributor as a football player. It bothers me that he can't seem to stay healthy - which seems to be a fairly consistent problem with freakish athletes in the NFL.

Peters is definitely an amazing athlete.  It remains to be seen if he's a regular contributor as a football player.  It bothers me that he can't seem to stay healthy - which seems to be a fairly consistent problem with freakish athletes in the NFL.

251800[/snapback]

did he get hurt last year. Know he sat for a few games, but that that was a coaches dec

Peters is "so talented that it is scary" based on what?  One blocked punt?

251793[/snapback]

nDenney has good speed and hands and has been inserted at tight end already. he is also insurance if Euhus and/ or Campbell come back. The use of Denney at te saves us a roster spot.

Bannon is a decided fifth dt as it is. This is a reach of sorts.

I have documented Peter's deficiencies but there is no doubting his talent. His wonderlic score brings into question whether he can ever play offensive line or manage the variables of tight end which involves reading a defense. He may not be able to read the paper! Put him in reaction type situations that do not require high intellect

I think Denney is a very solid backup DE. just because he is not a star caliber starter does not mean he shouldn't be on the team.

I agree that Peters is scary but we have to decide what he does and make sure he remembers it. I don't know of too many 330 pounders that can run a 4.7 at the 40, yet Peters is that athletic, and capable. he is a force on special teams.

Bannan can be given a look at guard during camp, but i think it would be wise to cut him if he is unable to make it as a guard

I think Denney is a very solid backup DE. just because he is not a star caliber starter does not mean he shouldn't be on the team.

I agree that Peters is scary but we have to decide what he does and make sure he remembers it. I don't know of too many 330 pounders that can run a 4.7 at the 40, yet Peters is that athletic, and capable. he is a force on special teams.

Bannan can be given a look at guard during camp, but i think it would be wise to cut him if he is unable to make it as a guard

252027[/snapback]

Precisely. His- Peter's- intellect is limited to the few things he can be preeped for. But this guy is incredible mix him in - keep them guessing and Peters interested.

That Denney is a good DE reserve should not stop us from using him as insurance of Euhus and Campbell return or not return. Would it be wise to use a low draft choice on a TE who would be interchangeable with Euhus/Campbell?

Bannon as a guard is the situation that taxes my argument and I agree his salary is getting steep for the fifth DT position. His only chance is to become versatile. And anyway what the hell do I or any other poster really know? It is Feb and I am bored so I ruminate.