Not happy with the TH for LJ trade!

JP-era

As hard as it may be to realize for some people, I'm sure Tom Donahoe attempted to get the best possible deal in return for Travis Henry.

Q: What is a player worth?

A: Whatever the market is willing to bear?

Bottom line is that Donahoe beleives that this deal is the best he can do.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I looked, McGahee was our starter at RB and Henry was our backup.  Both Shelton and Henry at some point in 2004, were removed from the starting lineups for their teams.  That makes them both backups on their current teams. :blush:

251016[/snapback]

The Duhh here is really right back at you, Henry is a previous pro-bowler and is considered by many to be a top 10 RB in the league. Shelton has never gone to the probowl and is considered by NO ONE to be a top ten T at L or R in the league!

That malkes the trade uneven.

"Problem here is Jennings and Shelton are at the same tier as far as talent, niether is a Pace, Jones, Ogden type. They are both the next step down. I dont mind the trade and we save money by doing it considering Jennings will command more than we would pay on Sheltons current contract. I guess I wish they would have went after a top tier LT whne you have a young QB at the helm."

anyone care to guess who's comments these were not to long ago??

flip flop, flip flop, flip flop.......

251023[/snapback]

True, my mind is now changed based on the value that Vikes got from Randy. Not to say that Henry os at the level, but he is considered by many to be a top 10 RB. Shelton is NOT at top ten T.

by who?

251266[/snapback]

This isnt a tough one at all, if you were to do some research and look up Travis's ranking as a RB going into the 2004 season, you would find my statement true. I simply wont play this game with you. I can almost guarantee that If I find commentary or reports that say Im right you will dispute them as being crap. Clearly you dont feel Travis is a top 10 RB, I do. At least, he is the best RB available via trade or FA this year which puts him at a premium, the same cannot be said for Shelton. At RT, McKenzie is better and at LT, Jennings is better.

True, my mind is now changed based on the value that Vikes got from Randy. Not to say that Henry os at the level, but he is considered by many to be a top 10 RB. Shelton is NOT at top ten T.

251258[/snapback]

Henry is NOT a 10 ten running back

This isnt a tough one at all, if you were to do some research and look up Travis's ranking as a RB going into the 2004 season, you would find my statement true. I simply wont play this game with you. I can almost guarantee that If I find commentary or reports that say Im right you will dispute them as being crap. Clearly you dont feel Travis is a top 10 RB, I do. At least, he is the best RB available via trade or FA this year which puts him at a premium, the same cannot be said for Shelton. At RT, McKenzie is better and at LT, Jennings is better.

251281[/snapback]

"going into the 2004 season" has no bearing.......we're talking about right here, right now........and it's obvious you can't find one person (other then yourself) that would be foolish enough to state that henry is a top 10 back........don't try to paint it any other way -- you got nothing and are talking out of your a**.........

251281[/snapback]

That'd be lovely if it were 2004. It isn't. Right now Travis Henry is a guy who lost his starting job and is coming off an injury serious enough for him to miss alot of time. Even if he WERE a top 10 back in the NFL (he wasn't), he now has something to prove at a position most GMs feel they can fill pretty easily.

"going into the 2004 season" has no bearing.......we're talking about right here, right now........and it's obvious you can't find one person (other then yourself) that would be foolish enough to state that henry is a top 10 back........don't try to paint it any other way -- you got nothing and are talking out of your a**.........

251378[/snapback]

Ahh yes, the I just shut off the Jim Rome show and logged off my AOL message board, response.

You now have been downshifted to the classless-opinionated-jerk category.

Fine, your right lets get someone elses backup and trade them our annual 1300 yard runner straight up. Brilliant plan.

Ahh yes, the I just shut off the Jim Rome show and logged off my AOL message board, response.

You now have been downshifted to the classless-opinionated-jerk category.

Fine, your right lets get someone elses backup and trade them our annual 1300 yard runner straight up. Brilliant plan.

251485[/snapback]

so you can't even find one other person to agree with you, huh? huge surprise.......

That'd be lovely if it were 2004.  It isn't.  Right now Travis Henry is a guy who lost his starting job and is coming off an injury serious enough for him to miss alot of time.  Even if he WERE a top 10 back in the NFL (he wasn't), he now has something to prove at a position most GMs feel they can fill pretty easily.

251387[/snapback]

I like the well thought out football talk from you. I will agree that Travis has an injury which hampers his trade value. But, I disagree on 2 fronts:

1) Travis wasnt a backup because he wasnt worthy of a starting position, the fact is we had TWO starting RB's, not one and a backup. Travis was demoted because McGahee looks to be even better than the probowl, annual 1300 yard rusher, we had in Travis. It is absolutely NOT the same with Shelton. Shelton lost his job because Denny doesnt like him but also because he came into camp overweight. He may be a starter but has never been to the pro-bowl and for sure, it wasnt like Leonard Davis is looked at to be the next Orlando Pace.

2) If GM's feel its so easy to get top notch RB's, why did the top 3 all get franchise tagged? Why wouldnt they just let them walk and draft another or sign some other guy? You know the answer.

so you can't even find one other person to agree with you, huh? huge surprise.......

251488[/snapback]

Actually I found 2 sites that rated Travis at 11 and 14 in the league, unfortunately I did not find any rating for Tackles which makes using data as proof an non-issue.

Actually I found 2 sites that rated Travis at 11 and 14 in the league, unfortunately I did not find any rating for Tackles which makes using data as proof an non-issue.

251503[/snapback]

I don't think 11th or 14th count as among "top ten."

Just an observation. :blush:

251503[/snapback]

Care to share those sites, or will the Britney Spears pop-ups ruin the football experience?

Care to share those sites, or will the Britney Spears pop-ups ruin the football experience?

251507[/snapback]

I'd kind of like to see those links, too. I am interested in seeing who was ranked ahead of TH. Was McGahee?

251503[/snapback]

Let me try to do this off the top of my head:

The Category is Running Backs that I would want ahead of Travis Henry

(No particular order)

1. Willis

2. LT

3. Alexander

4. James

5. Martin

6. Portis

7. McAllister

8. Dillon

9. Westbrook

10. Lewis

11. Tiki

12. R. Johnson

13. Davis

14. Taylor

That does not count Holmes or Staley.

251503[/snapback]

Of course I can show you a site that says Shelton is a pro bowl quality Left Tackle.