Andrew Luck excuse thread 2016

4merper4mer

He gas beaten exactly zero good teams in the playoffs. Zero. The only debatable one is a game against the Chiefs where he staked them to a big lead by playing crappy and then the Chiefs returned the favor.

You know what.... I'll give you Denver that one year before they got crushed by flat balls. It was a nice road win against a decent, if overrated team.

The facts are that he is burning their salary cap and producing very little in return. I have nothing against him. He seems like a good dude, but facts are facts. I find it weird that people are simply willing to believe he is wonderful because that us the mantra but when you watch him play the Colts barf it up time after time in tight late game situations against bad teams.

That Denver team won the Super Bowl next year. What are you even talking about bro.

43-27. That's all that needs to be said. I wish we had a QB who barfed it up to that record. Who made it to the AFCCG by 26.

I don't know what mantra you're referring to besides the W-L column.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Denver team won the Super Bowl next year. What are you even talking about bro.

43-27. That's all that needs to be said. I wish we had a QB who barfed it up to that record. Who made it to the AFCCG by 26.

I don't know what mantra you're referring to besides the W-L column.

Geez dude 17 of those wins are against Jax.

Talk about skewed. What's the Colts record with Luck in total compared to without him in 2015?

Lots of good QB's do worse in the postseason. Luck carried that team to the playoffs in his first three years and had some bad games against other playoff teams. Big deal.

He's not even overrated anymore. He's a top 5 QB under 30, which is what he's always been touted as. A young, good QB, who was surefire to be a good QB on draft day. Period.

Ha...lets answer your question, even though the answer is in the post you replied to.

WITH Luck in 2015: 2-5 which is a .286 win %

WITHOUT Luck in 2015: 6-3 which is a .666 win %

WITH Luck in 2016: 8-7 giving a total win % the last 2 years of .455

WITHOUT Luck in 2016: 0-1 giving a total win % the last 2 years of .600

For a little comparison...Bills recored with and without Taylor as our QB last 2 seasons playing in a much tougher division that includes one of the 3 best teams in the NFL every year:

WITH Taylor: 14-13 for a win % of .520

WIHTOUT Taylor: 0-3 for a win % of .000

Beat the teams on your schedule. In our last 5 meetings with the Jags, we're 3-2. Don't give me that jazz.

Come on man...this is absurd. The Jags are an awful team and always have been. Our record doesnt against the Jags doesnt change that. Luck in the postseason has been substantially worse than the regular season where he has a low QB rating and MORE turnovers than Touchdowns.

And if you go back to what I originally said, I very clearly pointed it out his story is NOT over and has all the tools to live up to the bar people have set for hm. I simply put that people like you are over rating his level of performance. He in on a team that throws constantly, so he gobbles up stats especially playing in an awful division most his career. But once he gets to the post season, his play has dropped off significantly.

He very well can keep rising in the NFL, and I personally think he WILL...all I said was what he has been thus far is being overrated.

Edited by Alphadawg7

SDS ran out of storage for last year's excuses, so please put 2016's here.

So far Kim Jung QB is 0-2. There were 5 defensive or special teams touchdowns in the entire league yesterday. 40% of them were gifts from the impervious one.

He's great, the rest of the team sucks.

Ha...lets answer your question, even though the answer is in the post you replied to.

WITH Luck in 2015: 2-5 which is a .286 win %

WITHOUT Luck in 2015: 6-3 which is a .666 win %

WITH Luck in 2016: 8-7 giving a total win % the last 2 years of .455

WITHOUT Luck in 2016: 0-1 giving a total win % the last 2 years of .600

For a little comparison...Bills recored with and without Taylor as our QB last 2 seasons playing in a much tougher division that includes one of the 3 best teams in the NFL every year:

WITH Taylor: 14-13 for a win % of .520

WIHTOUT Taylor: 0-3 for a win % of .000

Come on man...this is absurd. The Jags are an awful team and always have been. Our record doesnt against the Jags doesnt change that. Luck in the postseason has been substantially worse than the regular season where he has a low QB rating and MORE turnovers than Touchdowns.

And if you go back to what I originally said, I very clearly pointed it out his story is NOT over and has all the tools to live up to the bar people have set for hm. I simply put that people like you are over rating his level of performance. He in on a team that throws constantly, so he gobbles up stats especially playing in an awful division most his career. But once he gets to the post season, his play has dropped off significantly.

He very well can keep rising in the NFL, and I personally think he WILL...all I said was what he has been thus far is being overrated.

How did their record change before they drafted Luck and after?

How did their record change before they drafted Luck and after?

You're kidding right? They lost on purpose to get him....and now they are paying the price in both salary cap hit and lack of results. But he is still not taking any criticism from the press at all. Look at it with your own eyes and don't believe the hype. He is Kim Jung QB and the press is like a North Korean newspaper.

You're kidding right? They lost on purpose to get him....and now they are paying the price in both salary cap hit and lack of results. But he is still not taking any criticism from the press at all. Look at it with your own eyes and don't believe the hype. He is Kim Jung QB and the press is like a North Korean newspaper.

He takes criticism, especially for turning the ball over too much. Which is a fair criticism and far and away his worst quality.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/216312/colts-andrew-luck-has-to-resolve-turnover-problems

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/andrew-luck-worst-qb-rating-stats-most-interceptions-indianapolis-colts-playoffs-record

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/22/9370589/andrew-luck-colts-turnovers-problems-chuck-pagano

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-tallies-three-turnovers-in-loss-to-texans/

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-On-Turnovers-%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s-My-Problem-And-It%E2%80%99s-Hurting-The-Team%E2%80%9D/51e4d856-f74f-469e-b915-eb30fb153623

You're just wrong dude.

That 2011 Colts team didn't have to try too hard to lose.

Also lack of results? 3 11-5 records, 3 playoff appearances and 1 AFCCG all in his first 3 seasons is a lack of results? What team do you root for, because I'd trade my soul for that lack of results.

Edited by FireChan

Also lack of results? 3 11-5 records, 3 playoff appearances and 1 AFCCG all in his first 3 seasons is a lack of results? What team do you root for, because I'd trade my soul for that lack of results.

Winning the AFCS is a huge accomplishment now? Sad.

Kim Jung QB must be praised at all cost.

He takes criticism, especially for turning the ball over too much. Which is a fair criticism and far and away his worst quality.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/216312/colts-andrew-luck-has-to-resolve-turnover-problems

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/andrew-luck-worst-qb-rating-stats-most-interceptions-indianapolis-colts-playoffs-record

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/22/9370589/andrew-luck-colts-turnovers-problems-chuck-pagano

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-tallies-three-turnovers-in-loss-to-texans/

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-On-Turnovers-%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s-My-Problem-And-It%E2%80%99s-Hurting-The-Team%E2%80%9D/51e4d856-f74f-469e-b915-eb30fb153623

You're just wrong dude.

That 2011 Colts team didn't have to try too hard to lose.

Well your soul clearly has no value as you would trade it for a team that has no chance to win the SB, the only thing that matters, not just making the playoffs and watching your best players play go in the toilet. You probably have a bunch of participation trophies on your shelf you polish every week.

PS: Mark Sanchez went to two straight AFC Championship games too his first 2 years...then couldn't get the job done anymore. Hmmmm...since Luck made playoffs first 3 years he has a losing record, and the Colts had a better winning % when he didn't play than when he did the last 2 years. Oddly, Mark Sanchez has a better playoff resume too.

Sanchez Postseason:

2 seasons, 6 games, 2 AFCC games

9 TDs, 3 INTs

94.3 QBR

Luck Postseason

3 seasons, 6 games, 1 AFCC game

9 TDs, 12 INTs

70.8 QBR

When Mark Sanchez out performs you in the post season, you are not yet an ELITE QB. In the same number of games, they threw the same amount of TD's, yet Mark threw NINE less interceptions and has a 25 point higher QB rating. And Mark Sanchez sucks. But its not so easy when you make the playoffs and are no longer playing scrubs like the Jags and Titans were.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well your soul clearly has no value as you would trade it for a team that has no chance to win the SB, the only thing that matters, not just making the playoffs and watching your best players play go in the toilet. You probably have a bunch of participation trophies on your shelf you polish every week.

His favorite is the "Hall Monitor of the Year" he won four years in a row in Highschool.

the colts need to give him a defense. i suspect they crank out a free agent on defense and a defense heavy draft.

Its hard to say where they go in the draft, they could go OL, RB, or Defense in the first 2 rounds. The D can use help for sure, but given Lucks reckless approach to taking too much punishment and his tendency to turn the ball over, I could see them look to take a good RB prospect so he has to throw less. Upgrading the OL would also hopefully keep in the pocket more so he doesn't put his body on the line so much when running with the football.

Lol I cut out the parts about him sucking because I already know that. If you're saying the general press coverage of Luck is negative then you are lost.

Why would the general press be negative? He's still a decent QB, by your own admission, right? Is the general press negative around Alex Smith?

PS: Mark Sanchez went to two straight AFC Championship games too his first 2 years...then couldn't get the job done anymore. Hmmmm...since Luck made playoffs first 3 years he has a losing record, and the Colts had a better winning % when he didn't play than when he did the last 2 years. Oddly, Mark Sanchez has a better playoff resume too.

Sanchez Postseason:

2 seasons, 6 games, 2 AFCC games

9 TDs, 3 INTs

94.3 QBR

Luck Postseason

3 seasons, 6 games, 1 AFCC game

9 TDs, 12 INTs

70.8 QBR

When Mark Sanchez out performs you in the post season, you are not yet an ELITE QB. In the same number of games, they threw the same amount of TD's, yet Mark threw NINE less interceptions and has a 25 point higher QB rating. And Mark Sanchez sucks. But its not so easy when you make the playoffs and are no longer playing scrubs like the Jags and Titans were.

Peyton's first 3 playoff appearances. 0-3. 1 TD. 2 INT's.

Also, lol Luck has no chance to win a SB? He has an infinite better chance to win every year he makes the postseason and the Bills don't. Guarantee he wins a Super Bowl before Buffalo.

What a waste of time.

Edited by FireChan

Why would the general press be negative? He's still a decent QB, by your own admission, right? Is the general press negative around Alex Smith?

Peyton's first 3 playoff appearances. 0-3. 1 TD. 2 INT's.

Also, lol Luck has no chance to win a SB? He has an infinite better chance to win every year he makes the postseason and the Bills don't. Guarantee he wins a Super Bowl before Buffalo.

What a waste of time.

This is another reason why I just have no respect for you as a poster. You just ONCE AGAIN skewed information and cherry picked stats to falsify a point. Luck and Sanchez sample was 6 games as they both have 6 combined playoff games on their resume. You then take just the first 3 of Peyton Manning to skew your BS point. So let me help you out and use Mannings first 6 games for an equal comparison which include an additional NINE TD's you conveniently left out to skew your point. You are the worst.

Most importantly, I very clearly stated that Luck can still get better and believe he will. I also didn't say he was a scrub, all I said was that he is over rated in all these claims that he is somehow Elite despite the fact he is a turnover machine and has a terrible playoff resume.

This is another reason why I just have no respect for you as a poster. You just ONCE AGAIN skewed information and cherry picked stats to falsify a point. Luck and Sanchez sample was 6 games as they both have 6 combined playoff games on their resume. You then take just the first 3 of Peyton Manning to skew your BS point. So let me help you out and use Mannings first 6 games for an equal comparison which include an additional NINE TD's you conveniently left out to skew your point. You are the worst.

Most importantly, I very clearly stated that Luck can still get better and believe he will. I also didn't say he was a scrub, all I said was that he is over rated in all these claims that he is somehow Elite despite the fact he is a turnover machine and has a terrible playoff resume.

Wait so Manning got bounced in the first round of the postseason the first 3 times he made it, throwing only 1 TD total, and that makes him BETTER than Andrew Luck playing 6 games in the first 3 years he made the postseason?

Y'all just have something against playoff QB's. It's weird.

Edited by FireChan