(OT)What to do in Rochester?

sbin04

A couple of friends and I are going to be in Rochester for the next few days. Interests include beer, women and rock and roll. Any suggestions as to where to go or what to do would be greatly appreciated. We'll probably need to eat sometime during this trip also so a few restaurant choices may be needed as well. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Let's see. Nick Tahou's is pretty good. There's beer everywhere. I don't know much about rock and roll locally. I know you can probably watch some cheesey hair band at the penny arcade in Charlotte. Lots of acid wash and big hair there, though. Be careful.

A couple of friends and I are going to be in Rochester for the next few days.  Interests include beer, women and rock and roll.  Any suggestions as to where to go or what to do would be greatly appreciated.  We'll probably need to eat sometime during this trip also so a few restaurant choices may be needed as well.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

249410[/snapback]

Depends on where you'll be....ra-cha-cha is pretty spread out but easy to get around...

Tiki Bob's is a pretty happening place in the High Falls area...a younger crowd, but a lot of fun

if you like Beer and females-i suggest grabbing a FreeTime (publication/magazine available inside most restaurants) and find who has Ladies night and go there until you meet...her <_<

Monroe Ave has a few along the strip, too... Woody's, Sports Page, it's been a while-like all cities both good/and not so good people-

but do hope you meet the good ones and enjoy and have a great time!~

How's that for a first post?!?!

Let's see. Nick Tahou's is pretty good. There's beer everywhere. I don't know much about rock and roll locally. I know you can probably watch some cheesey hair band at the penny arcade in Charlotte. Lots of acid wash and big hair there, though. Be careful.

249411[/snapback]

Hey did someone mentioned Nick Tahou's ! <_<

Ah, yes.  The legendary garbage plate at Nick Tahou's.  Now I'm going to find out what all you people have been talking about.  Thanks Todd, I'm putting that down as a must-do.

249417[/snapback]

Actually, if you want to go our the East/Alexander area is pretty hoppin. It's taken away much of the popularity of the Monroe Ave area.

If you are in town Friday night, do this.

1) Dinner at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que downtown

2) Rochester Americans vs. Hamilton, Blue Cross Arena

3) Water Street Music Hall, downtown. There has to be some band playing there.

(if you are here on Saturday, "Girls Gone Wild Rocks America" is happening there, have no idea what it's about, I just looked it up, sorry)

You know I grew up in Rochester, love the town, brag on it all the time, but at 41 years old, married with two kids.........................ppppppppffffffffffftttttttt I have no freekin idea what their is to do!

The zoo's nice :doh:

If you are in town Friday night, do this.

1) Dinner at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que downtown

2) Rochester Americans vs. Hamilton, Blue Cross Arena

3) Water Street Music Hall, downtown. There has to be some band playing there.

(if you are here on Saturday, "Girls Gone Wild Rocks America" is happening there, have no idea what it's about, I just looked it up, sorry)

249587[/snapback]

Perfect plan. Even if you're not in town on the weekend, Dinosaur has great eats.

I would add that Milestones in the city has live music (rock) every night.

Milestones (170 East Avenue, 585-325-6490)

Oh, and spend lots of money. The city could really use it. :doh:

Astrobot, sorry, I didn't see your post until after I made mine.

Edited by scribo

Bob Villa knows a good garbage plate when he sees one and it doesn't come from Nick Tahous...Unless you like the idea of getting shot or impaled with plastic knives.

For garbage plates you must check out Mark's Texas Hots on Monroe Ave. The place is a zoo after the bars close.

For good times check out Alexander St. and East Ave. There are 15 bars right in that intersection that are all pretty good. Barfly, A-Street Pub, Blue Room, Mex, Coyote Joes. A great place to pick up chicks IMO is at Lola on Monroe Ave. A ton of chicks goes there to drink Martinis.

Bob Villa just puts a couple of Heinekens in his pocket when he goes there however.