How big contracts have backfired for the Bills

Guys- I'm sure you can read the article on the main board, but I find it silly. Outside of Mario Williams who did give us 39 sacks in three years before his revolt, was productive. Almost every other example was from the previous regimes.

The premise is basically "Is Whaley making a mistake by drafting well and paying off with big contracts". It's the most asinine topic as that is exactly what the top franchises do. The Packers, Steelers, and so on.

Whaley has been doing the right thing by resigning Hughes, Incognito, Kyle, and so on. Happy to hear your thoughts.

http://deadspin.com/report-mike-mccarthy-fed-up-with-packers-management-re-1754846295

Williams was a good deal. They got one good year, two elite years, and one poor year for $66 million ($16.5 million per). In professional sports, that's a good return on investment.

Is it though? Only if you compare it to an average player at the same roster spot. Was it worth it to the Bills to have a guy pad his stats and bank account for 3 of 4 years for 66 million? How did the team benefit overall from that stretch?

Article completely lacked focus. Of the 10 examples, 6 were contract extensions (1 for Dickie J), and 4 were free-agent acquisitions. And NONE of the examples were for a signing that occurred under Whaley. There are no editors anymore, and woe is us for that lack.

Why doesn't an extension (rather than signing someone else's free agent) count?

Good grief this article is garbage and garbage like that is why us sane people have to defend Whaley constantly on this site and in the streets.....Did you like when the bills didn't resign talent and let theme leave...yeah that was fun I kinda miss Ralph is cheap threads.I would rather hump a rusty cheese grater.

Good grief this article is garbage and garbage like that is why us sane people have to defend Whaley constantly on this site and in the streets.....Did you like when the bills didn't resign talent and let theme leave...yeah that was fun I kinda miss Ralph is cheap threads.I would rather hump a rusty cheese grater.

:lol: Whaley will ultimately be judged by three extensions: McCoy (I think that one was foolish and unnecessary), Dareus (I don't like giving DTs big extensions; historically it hasn't been a good idea); Tyrod (I like it).

:lol: Whaley will ultimately be judged by three extensions: McCoy (I think that one was foolish and unnecessary), Dareus (I don't like giving DTs big extensions; historically it hasn't been a good idea); Tyrod (I like it).

I like all 3 deals. The worst deal I think the Whaley administration has done is the Clay one. I understand they were desperate for a TE and it is essential for Roman's scheme to get one who "does it all", but there was a point where his % of guaranteed money outstripped that of every starting QB in the league not on a rookie deal. I like Charles Clay and I'd rather have him than not but that deal was too rich.