Have we actually Cut Drew Yet?

gggbills

I know that may sound like a stupid question, and I know that we are suppose to cut him, however I have not seen the official release notice yet. Other teams seem to be cutting people left and right today...why aren't we? I know this is the first day you can cut someone, so perhaps it will not be today. But since that seems to be what the Bills want to do, I am kinda surprised they have not done it yet.....or did I miss it?

By the way, I think Drew has made a VERY bad decision in this case. No one is going to pay him 6 million even if he finds another starting job. And the way JP runs around, I am sure Drew would have seen the field at some point this year. He seemed to really love playing here in Buffalo, and I am sure we would have paid him a million or 2 to stay. I know he wants to be a starter, and perhaps that is what is driving his decision, but sometimes pride can drive you in the wrong direction.

Nope...not cut til March 2nd

248886[/snapback]

Should Be Today

Bledsoe Era Over, Losman Promoted To Starter

Scott Wilson - Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 12:53 PM

(WGR 550) - Mike Mularkey spoke in front of the media today and confirmed the reports that Drew Bledsoe will be released on February 22nd.

Yep, JP has proven OVER AND OVER that he is injury prone...in a total of ONE year in the NFL!!!  :w00t:

248887[/snapback]

dude, I never said he was injure prone. But he likes to run and he is just now learning how to slide. To think he will be able to play every down of every game...well, I think whe ever the backup is, they will see a play or two this year.

Nope...not cut til March 2nd

248886[/snapback]

If you wait until then Drew would be owed a bonus. He has to go within the next week,. But the obvious question is why wait? He could have been cut this morning.

If you wait until then Drew would be owed a bonus. He has to go within the next week,. But the obvious question is why wait? He could have been cut this morning.

248892[/snapback]

Ya, that is kinda where I was coming from. Perhaps they have changed their respective minds...lol.

Hey, I'm only joking...I'm sure he will be cut, don't want to stress anyone out here..lol

Let me pose this question here. If Drew is indeed cut today, could Dallas sign him tomorrow? In other words, could the Bills sign Pollard tomorrow if they were so inclined, or do they have to wait until free agency officially starts March 2?

Let me pose this question here. If Drew is indeed cut today, could Dallas sign him tomorrow? In other words, could the Bills sign Pollard tomorrow if they were so inclined, or do they have to wait until free agency officially starts March 2?

248906[/snapback]

It is my understanding that all teams have to wait until March 2 to sign FA.