A public request to Sammy Watkins

Tipster19

Although I was born and raised in Rochester I have spent 21+ years in Fort Myers, Fl. For those of you who aren't aware that happens to be Watkins' home town and last night there was another Florida shooting carnage of innocent people only this time it was juveniles that were victimized. This really hits me personally, not only because I love Fort Myers but also the boy who was killed was only 14 years old and is one of my son's students in his youth group. You see my son is a Youth Pastor and has dedicated his life to help mentor and nurture these young people in a Christian way.

Why in the world would anyone hurt or kill young innocent lives is beyond me but what I do know is that this city is in mourning and could stand a great deal of support from people, especially from their native sons and daughters. Here's to hoping that Sammy can bring some support and sunshine of his own to his hometown and maybe bring some other players and such to bring recognition to this kind of senseless violence and help lead the way to uniting people.

Edited by Tipster19

Although I was born and raised in Rochester I have spent 21+ years in Fort Myers, Fl. For those of you who aren't aware that happens to be Watkins' home town and last night there was another Florida shooting carnage of innocent people only this time it was juveniles that were victimized. This really hits me personally, not only because I love Fort Myers but also the boy who was killed was only 14 years old and is one of my son's students in his youth group. You see my son is a Youth Pastor and has dedicated his life to help mentor and nurture these young people in a Christian way.

Why in the world would anyone hurt or kill young innocent lives is beyond me but what I do know is that this city is in mourning and could stand a great deal of support from people, especially from their native sons and daughters. Here's to hoping that Sammy can bring some support and sunshine of his own to his hometown and maybe bring some other players and such to bring recognition to this kind of senseless violence and help lead the way to uniting people.

One of the most dangerous things someone can do is be a pastor in a downtroddin area.

My father in law did this for years.....after being a gang member and pretty much monster younger he found religion.....changed his life around.....and brought the message to places that others would not.

I remember when I was stationed in Cape Cod during my last Air Force Tour my family and I would make the trek from there to Bridgeport CT every weekend to what I can only describe as a reinforced compound that he had set up his church. You go 5 feet outside of that area you were REALLY taking chances with your life.

I was packing every time we went....if he knew I had brought a gun into his church he would have been furious, but I was not letting my family go into that area without a way to protect them.

I will say this.....my step father is easily the man I respect most in this life. He passed away last year.

One of the most dangerous things someone can do is be a pastor in a downtroddin area.

My father in law did this for years.....after being a gang member and pretty much monster younger he found religion.....changed his life around.....and brought the message to places that others would not.

I remember when I was stationed in Cape Cod during my last Air Force Tour my family and I would make the trek from there to Bridgeport CT every weekend to what I can only describe as a reinforced compound that he had set up his church. You go 5 feet outside of that area you were REALLY taking chances with your life.

I was packing every time we went....if he knew I had brought a gun into his church he would have been furious, but I was not letting my family go into that area without a way to protect them.

I will say this.....my step father is easily the man I respect most in this life. He passed away last year.

Sorry for your loss, he sounds like a guy who made up for his sins and then some. Sadly Bridgepo' is still like that in a lot of areas.