So Marv's Neighbor got away with it

I was at Dulles then.

Having lived in Seattle 78-81 & 86-2003 I'll never understand how a guy could jump over wilderness, in the dark, in November, and without; a heavy coat, gloves and hiking boots, and could have ever survived. The jump was survivable but overnight in the Pacific NW woods, in November, no way!

After that happened Boeing gave us a kit to prevent the airstairs from opening while in the air. It was a metal piece with a tab, that was turned 90 degrees. Once the 727 reached 100 kts., the airflow would hit the tab, and rotate the small plate to block the path of the stairs. The stairs still worked as normal while on the ground, when the plane was not moving. United had an identical hi-jacking out of Salt Lake, a few months after DB, but he died in a gun battle with the FBI, while they were trying to arrest him.

They were great airplanes but needed a 3 man crew and were not very fuel efficient, so they were mostly phased out. FedEx kept a bunch up till about 2-3 years ago but they got replaced by 757's.

I was at Dulles then.

Having lived in Seattle 78-81 & 86-2003 I'll never understand how a guy could jump over wilderness, in the dark, in November, and without; a heavy coat, gloves and hiking boots, and could have ever survived. The jump was survivable but overnight in the Pacific NW woods, in November, no way!

After that happened Boeing gave us a kit to prevent the airstairs from opening while in the air. It was a metal piece with a tab, that was turned 90 degrees. Once the 727 reached 100 kts., the airflow would hit the tab, and rotate the small plate to block the path of the stairs. The stairs still worked as normal while on the ground, when the plane was not moving. United had an identical hi-jacking out of Salt Lake, a few months after DB, but he died in a gun battle with the FBI, while they were trying to arrest him.

They were great airplanes but needed a 3 man crew and were not very fuel efficient, so they were mostly phased out. FedEx kept a bunch up till about 2-3 years ago but they got replaced by 757's.

Ok ok this is all great stuff. But is any of the money left???