Topic of the day 7/6:Bills Toronto series-success or failure

Certainly true for the regular season games. The pre season games played there were a gift to ST holders in Buffalo.

Ha -- good point.

I think an analysis of the success or failure of this series depends entirely upon your perspective:

Ralph (Bills): big win ($$) that bought him time to work out the lease deal and preserve the team's future in Buffalo

Rogers: big loss, both financially as well as in efforts to attract a permanent NFL franchise to Toronto

NFL: one big "eh" -- yes, they want to expand internationally, but they like a team in Buffalo as well

Fans: mostly negative, but for BPA's point about not having to buy a preseason ticket

It increased non-shared revenue significantly, just as it was intended to do in order to placate the Jerry Jones/Daniel Synder types that were upset that Buffalo wasn't maximizing their own revenue potential.

Therefore, success.

I think it was a qualified success.

I'm guessing Toronto series did help earn us a few more Canadian fans. Combined with training camp at SJF, I think Brandon has been somewhat successful in selling the Bills as a regional team, not a Buffalo-only team.

And I also think the Toronto games proved the Bills are much more viable in Buffalo than in Toronto despite the difference in population.

I'm glad, though, the experiment is over. The players clearly prefer playing in front of a rowdy home crowd at O.P.

As a Buffalo ex-pat, I watch most games on TV and it's exciting watching Bills home games. The moribund Toronto games were uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by hondo in seattle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bills_Toronto_Series

Was the series a winner, a loser or something else? (I suppose asking on this board makes this a rhetorical question but it is worthy of discussion) If you consider it a loser was there anything redeeming or positive lessons learned from it?

Depends on purpose. If it was to convince Toronto that NFL for Toronto is a bad decision it worked wonderly.