Draft --

Rd02..CB Bryant McFadden (FSU) | 6-0 185 4.50

Rd03..OC Chris Spencer (Mississippi) | 6-4 310 4.90

Rd04..DT Atiyyah Ellison (Missouri) | 6-4 295 4.95

Rd05..TE Kevin Everett (Miami) | 6-5 250 4.75

Rd06..RB Eric Shelton (Louisville) | 6-2 248 ___

Rd07..DE Tyler King (UConn) | 6-5 265 4.75

247112[/snapback]

I'd rather not cut pierson prioleau. I know he's making 1mil + as a backup safety but quite frankly should lawyer milloy get injured which isn't out of the question I'd feel much better with pierson back there than coy wire regardless of his salary. Prioleau is also a very good st player and has been good in blitz packages in nickle and dime defenses.

Now for your draft. I like it but....

Mcfaddens is probably going in the 1st rd. To the colts or steelers or possibly the pats. Spencer is a good pick. I don't know anything about elison. Everett in rd 5. Well if your picking up freddie jones in free agency that would leave us with jones/campbell/euhus/neufeld/everett. theres no need for 5 te's I'd replace everett with a safety in rd 5. Maybe a James Butler from Georgia Tech.

Eric Shelton would be an absolute steal in the 6th rd. a 6'3 250lb hb who runs a 4.50 40. I love the idea of a 1/2 punch of mcgahee/shelton. Since we are gonna be running a lot this year I image. I really would love to see shelton wearing a bills uni wearing down teams with mcgahee/shelton.

I'd still rather get a de in free agency. a solid pass rushing de who can consistently get after the quaterback is something our defense lacks. I'm hoping the saints don't tag darren howard and we can make a run at him. I like the tyler king pick though

To everyone who wants to cut PP, please tell me who our backup safety is going to be??? Coy Wire?....please? Unless you are bringing in an experienced vet to replace PP, I feel very uncomfortable with Mark Baker and Coy Wire as our backups. If you need some evidence, go back to the beginning of the season when Milloy was hurt and did not play.

To everyone who wants to cut PP, please tell me who our backup safety is going to be??? Coy Wire?....please?  Unless you are bringing in an experienced vet to replace PP, I feel very uncomfortable with Mark Baker and Coy Wire as our backups.  If you need some evidence, go back to the beginning of the season when Milloy was hurt and did not play.

247154[/snapback]

cap dollars are to much to ignore.......PP was a mistake contract by TD because he expected him to become a starter........now that he is not, we are paying to much money to be a backup.......

depth safeties are a dime a dozen -- draft a guy on the 2nd day of the draft and bring him in to camp to challenge coy.......winner is the backup, loser goes, simple as that........this will save the bills over 1M in cap room and needs to be done..........PP is nothing but a special teams guy making starter money.........

Disagree about McFadden. I think he goes in Round 2; some value boards have him in Round 3.

RB Eric Shelton is a 3rd Rounder. Now, Jermelle Lewis of Iowa might be there, and possibly Darren Sproles. There are lots of RB FA's which means RB's might last longer than we think.

Notable cuts (Cap savings) --

FS Pierson Prioleau ($1.2 mil)

LT Jonas Jennings (Not re-signed)

Traded --

RB Travis Henry

Signed/Aqcuired --

LT LJ Shelton (AZ - via trade)

TE Freddie Jones (AZ)

LG Mike Wahle (GB)

Draft --

Rd02..CB Bryant McFadden (FSU) | 6-0 185 4.50

Rd03..OC Chris Spencer (Mississippi) | 6-4 310 4.90

Rd04..DT Atiyyah Ellison (Missouri) | 6-4 295 4.95

Rd05..TE Kevin Everett (Miami) | 6-5 250 4.75

Rd06..RB Eric Shelton (Louisville) | 6-2 248 ___

Rd07..DE Tyler King (UConn) | 6-5 265 4.75

247112[/snapback]

I'm not too familiar with the draft guys (yet), but your acquisitions and draft positions are excellent!

I'm not too familiar with the draft guys (yet), but your acquisitions and draft positions are excellent!

247275[/snapback]

i'd like to see us get that big back in the 6th. as far as Freddie Jones goes, he's been a dissapointment here in the Valley. A reputed slacker since coming over from SD. And the Cards are loaded with underachievers, so to get that rep out here is pretty sad.

Maybe he's still be an upgrade or a pushing force in camp, but a lazy TE scares me ESPECIALLY in the run game.

i'd like to see us get that big back in the 6th. as far as Freddie Jones goes, he's been a dissapointment here in the Valley. A reputed slacker since coming over from SD. And the Cards are loaded with underachievers, so to get that rep out here is pretty sad.

Maybe he's still be an upgrade or a pushing force in camp, but a lazy TE scares me ESPECIALLY in the run game.

247337[/snapback]

franks, becht, and pollard are all better options then jones......we need a blocker and that isn't freddie's strong suit........

I'd rather not cut pierson prioleau. I know he's making 1mil + as a backup safety but quite frankly should lawyer milloy get injured which isn't out of the question I'd feel much better with pierson back there than coy wire regardless of his salary.  Prioleau is also a very good st player and has been good in blitz packages in nickle and dime defenses.

Now for your draft.  I like it but....

Mcfaddens is probably going in the 1st rd. To the colts or steelers or possibly the pats.  Spencer is a good pick. I don't know anything about elison.  Everett in rd 5. Well if your picking up freddie jones in free agency that would leave us with jones/campbell/euhus/neufeld/everett. theres no need for 5 te's  I'd replace everett with a safety in rd 5. Maybe a James Butler from Georgia Tech.

Eric Shelton would be an absolute steal in the 6th rd. a 6'3 250lb hb who runs a 4.50 40. I love the idea of a 1/2 punch of mcgahee/shelton. Since we are gonna be running a lot this year I image. I really would love to see shelton wearing a bills uni wearing down teams with mcgahee/shelton.

I'd still rather get a de in free agency. a solid pass rushing de who can consistently get after the quaterback is something our defense lacks. I'm hoping the saints don't tag darren howard and we can make a run at him. I like the tyler king pick though

247114[/snapback]

I think we can sign a replacement for Pierson for half that money and he'd be an upgrade. He's getting paid starters money to be a back-up so I don't feel bad about cutting him.

As far 5 TE's I think you've forgotten that two of them are coming of torn ACLs and may not even play this year.

I keep reading that Shelton is falling because he's closer to 4.6 than 4.5 in the 40. I keep seeing him in thr 6th round in mock drafts but I'd be happy with Sproles at that pick as well.

Didn't NO already tag Howard?

To everyone who wants to cut PP, please tell me who our backup safety is going to be??? Coy Wire?....please?  Unless you are bringing in an experienced vet to replace PP, I feel very uncomfortable with Mark Baker and Coy Wire as our backups.  If you need some evidence, go back to the beginning of the season when Milloy was hurt and did not play.

247154[/snapback]

Our back-up S will be a free agent signee for half the money and same talent level.

Disagree about McFadden. I think he goes in Round 2; some value boards have him in Round 3.

RB Eric Shelton is a 3rd Rounder. Now, Jermelle Lewis of Iowa might be there, and possibly Darren Sproles. There are lots of RB FA's which means RB's might last longer than we think.

247232[/snapback]

I keep reading that Shelton is falling becuase of his 40 time. Same with Cedric Houston from Tennessee. I'd be happy with either of those guys or Sproles.

franks, becht, and pollard are all better options then jones......we need a blocker and that isn't freddie's strong suit........

247344[/snapback]

I think Franks re-signs and we'd have to overpay for Becht and Pollard but I'd love to have either of them.

I think Jones or Wiggins are similar but I believe Jones would be inspired on a winning team. Everyone underachieves on losing teams for the most part. To me he's worth the risk.