The Americans

They're into either late '83 or early '84 right now. (Hope I'm not off a year.) & the Berlin Wall fell in '89.

gotcha, wasn't thinking about it in the context of history.

I was talking with some friends about The Americans and the consensus seems to be:

Have you seen it?

It looks Interesting

One of these days i'm going to Netflix it

Let me know if it's any good

it's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

They're into either late '83 or early '84 right now. (Hope I'm not off a year.) & the Berlin Wall fell in '89.

Season 3 finale: January 22, 1984.

Berlin Wall finale: November 9, 1989.

Pretty sure Philip & Elizabeth don't last all 2,118 days. Though it'll be interesting to see if they're still travel agents in Va when Mischa finally tracks them down.

Season 3 finale: January 22, 1984.

Berlin Wall finale: November 9, 1989.

Pretty sure Philip & Elizabeth don't last all 2,118 days. Though it'll be interesting to see if they're still travel agents in Va when Mischa finally tracks them down.

My retarded DVR decided today would be a good day not to record the show even though I went through made sure it was recording :angry:

My retarded DVR decided today would be a good day not to record the show even though I went through made sure it was recording :angry:

Mine wasn't going to record it because at 6:10AM some random 20 minute infomercial had been mislabelled by DTV as the 10PM episode. Even after that was deleted the DVR wasn't going to record it apparently because it was now a "rebroadcast". Just lucky I caught that at about 9:45PM.

It's gonna be rebroadcast Saturday night at 12:32AM.

Mine wasn't going to record it because at 6:10AM some random 20 minute infomercial had been mislabelled by DTV as the 10PM episode. Even after that was deleted the DVR wasn't going to record it apparently because it was now a "rebroadcast". Just lucky I caught that at about 9:45PM.

Just realized DTV stung me on that one - 2 DVRs recorded some stupid exercise informercial for 20 minutes - WTF? Luckily I can watch it online, and after I sign in I'm not even getting commercials. Computer chair isn't as comfy as the couch with the big TV, but at least I won't miss the finale.

Just realized DTV stung me on that one - 2 DVRs recorded some stupid exercise informercial for 20 minutes - WTF? Luckily I can watch it online, and after I sign in I'm not even getting commercials. Computer chair isn't as comfy as the couch with the big TV, but at least I won't miss the finale.

Again, if you can wait that long, FX is scheduled to be showing it again a little after midnight this Saturday.

thanks, I got the same thing, I tried recording at 2:00 am but only 40 min recorded, are they trying to not have me watch it!?

thanks, I got the same thing, I tried recording at 2:00 am but only 40 min recorded, are they trying to not have me watch it!?

Probably in cahoots w/ Amazon to get you to buy the episode for ~$3. ;)

Looks like Phil has all he can stand with being a spy, at the EST meeting he looked like he was ready to quit right there, but he knows you can't just quit the KGB.

Dang that Mikhail kid is Philips son but he is a government protester, wonder how he feels about that?

and then Arkady gets the ax, he must be like Phil and Liz did all that stuff. It seems to me that he is not aware of what Gabriel and the spies are even up to.

Can't believe Dr. Will infected himself with the bioweapon. No way in hell I'm doing that, I'll take my chances with the FBI. (don't know why FBI didn't squeeze him for info knowing that he would die quickly)

And Oleg looses the girl, nice job bud that's two in a yr. (still pissed they whacked Nina)

(nice way to slide the Redskins Vs Raiders SB in there :thumbsup:, showed the Jack Squirek pick six of Theismann)

Love how Gabriel tells them to go home (Russia) and they're like "no way" even though deep down they want out. I think because they raised their kids as Americans and Henry has no clue, that they don't want to take em back to Russia. Wonder why Phil is SO against Paige and Beeman's kid being together after he told her they could be friends.

(Can't wait for The Strain to come back, sux that it is at the end of August, I'll be pissed if they cancel the show after the season)

Looks like Phil has all he can stand with being a spy, at the EST meeting he looked like he was ready to quit right there, but he knows you can't just quit the KGB.

Dang that Mikhail kid is Philips son but he is a government protester, wonder how he feels about that?

and then Arkady gets the ax, he must be like Phil and Liz did all that stuff. It seems to me that he is not aware of what Gabriel and the spies are even up to.

Can't believe Dr. Will infected himself with the bioweapon. No way in hell I'm doing that, I'll take my chances with the FBI. (don't know why FBI didn't squeeze him for info knowing that he would die quickly)

And Oleg looses the girl, nice job bud that's two in a yr. (still pissed they whacked Nina)

(nice way to slide the Redskins Vs Raiders SB in there :thumbsup:, showed the Jack Squirek pick six of Theismann)

Love how Gabriel tells them to go home (Russia) and they're like "no way" even though deep down they want out. I think because they raised their kids as Americans and Henry has no clue, that they don't want to take em back to Russia. Wonder why Phil is SO against Paige and Beeman's kid being together after he told her they could be friends.

(Can't wait for The Strain to come back, sux that it is at the end of August, I'll be pissed if they cancel the show after the season)

Because he doesn't want his 16 yo daughter giving it up for Mother Russia.

Because he doesn't want his 16 yo daughter giving it up for Mother Russia.

I don't think Paige was doing it for the team, I think she likes him. I think maybe he thinks if she get emotionally involved with him she may switch to the American side.

Never watched it.

season just ended but you can always go online

I don't think Paige was doing it for the team, I think she likes him. I think maybe he thinks if she get emotionally involved with him she may switch to the American side.

season just ended but you can always go online

I believe she is very confused about a lot of things and Phillip recognizes that. I also believe that Phillip considers his kids to be American (that seems to be evolving for him, not so much Elizabeth). At a minimum he knows that they'd have a very hard time adjusting to Russia if it came to it.

He has been doing this job for over 20 years and is burnt out. He also is now living with the fear of getting caught being in the foreground. It's always there, but now w/ Martha & William's operations going sour, his getting caught is a primary concern. He knows the Center doesn't give a rat's bippy about him - only what he brings back for them. His friends' kid getting recruited got that family killed. There is no way he wants Paige to join the family business & he can see her going that route if she starts dating Matthew. Agree w/ you that she likes Matthew, but that isn't the only thing swirling in her head now. She still loves her parents (though the standard mother-teen daughter angst could flare up now that she's seen mommy kill a thug) and seems to think that she could "help" by getting info from Matthew.

The other thing Phillip might have going in his head is the recognition that they may have to flee very soon and he knows that Paige & Henry can't make the transition to Russia & is (may be?) considering letting them stay in the US (which Elizabeth will not be on board with) but realizes that can't be an option if Stan thinks the kids were in on the deal. (That's probably wrong, but whatever.)

Next season should stay interesting.

I believe she is very confused about a lot of things and Phillip recognizes that. I also believe that Phillip considers his kids to be American (that seems to be evolving for him, not so much Elizabeth). At a minimum he knows that they'd have a very hard time adjusting to Russia if it came to it.

He has been doing this job for over 20 years and is burnt out. He also is now living with the fear of getting caught being in the foreground. It's always there, but now w/ Martha & William's operations going sour, his getting caught is a primary concern. He knows the Center doesn't give a rat's bippy about him - only what he brings back for them. His friends' kid getting recruited got that family killed. There is no way he wants Paige to join the family business & he can see her going that route if she starts dating Matthew. Agree w/ you that she likes Matthew, but that isn't the only thing swirling in her head now. She still loves her parents (though the standard mother-teen daughter angst could flare up now that she's seen mommy kill a thug) and seems to think that she could "help" by getting info from Matthew.

The other thing Phillip might have going in his head is the recognition that they may have to flee very soon and he knows that Paige & Henry can't make the transition to Russia & is (may be?) considering letting them stay in the US (which Elizabeth will not be on board with) but realizes that can't be an option if Stan thinks the kids were in on the deal. (That's probably wrong, but whatever.)

Next season should stay interesting.

indeed