2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Sefo Liufau should be moving up by the end of this season. He's got the size/arm strength/athleticism, but he's been hampered by playing on some truly awful teams (until this season) and by some poorly-timed injuries (including on Saturday vs. Michigan, after a really impressive 1st half). I'm guessing that if he stays healthy he could move all the way up to the 3rd round, maybe even higher.

I really like Sefo, injuries were the only thing that worried me. I watched him against Colorado St in Week 1 and, minus the goal line fumble, I thought he was superb. I think he's probably the best play action passer in the class. Gorgeous deep ball. If he can stay healthy, he's got a case for overtaking the likes of Falk/Kelly.

EDIT - That placement - https://vine.co/v/5nrJQAKPKqW

Edited by Blokestradamus

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went through Kizer's first 3 games of the year. He's a talented kid but he's nowhere near ready to declare right now.

Biggest issue is his feet, just so inconsistent. Root cause of his accuracy issues, same as with Wentz and Lynch last year. Good arm, not great. Can throw the effort ball but he falls away a bit doing so. In the pocket, he's gutsy and willing to take a shot to buy time for a receiver. Over the course of 3 games, he's getting better at taking what's there with short passes and checkdowns.

A lot of the mental side just needs experience. Can throw with anticipation, needs to learn when to force it and when to use touch. Shown he can do both but the consistency of his decision making is missing.

Right now, he's my QB5 behind Mayfield, Watson, Kaaya & Mahomes. Equates to a 3rd round grade.

:thumbsup:

All the sad face emojis

@NDSUfootball 4h4 hours ago

Coach Klieman announces that senior LB Nick DeLuca (shoulder) will miss the remainder of the season & apply for a medical redshirt.

I think you should use your expert skills and look into HC and GM candidates. I wouldn't mind Klieman

Where do we stand on Jabrill Peppers from that school up north? He's a dynamic player and feels like that new school hybrid that team's like Arizona and LA use. He feels like a difference maker to me and a potential round 1 target.

I just watched a bit of him for my CFB preview. He's decent, he's intriguing. Just not sure what to do with him. Can't be a full-time LB, he's a hitter not a tackler, that'll catch up to him eventually.

He can play a little bit of nickel corner, weakside LB, strong safety. He can run, he can cover in man or zone, adds value through versatility and special teams. Matchup kind of guy, not sure if that's worth everything or nothing in terms of draft value.

I just watched a bit of him for my CFB preview. He's decent, he's intriguing. Just not sure what to do with him. Can't be a full-time LB, he's a hitter not a tackler, that'll catch up to him eventually.

He can play a little bit of nickel corner, weakside LB, strong safety. He can run, he can cover in man or zone, adds value through versatility and special teams. Matchup kind of guy, not sure if that's worth everything or nothing in terms of draft value.

Not sure who an NFL comp is, the names that come to my head are Deone Buchanon, Mark Barron and Brian Urlacher. I don't really know if that is fair because I haven't watched him enough.

Not sure who an NFL comp is, the names that come to my head are Deone Buchanon, Mark Barron and Brian Urlacher. I don't really know if that is fair because I haven't watched him enough.

Everyone will go to Bucannon but Deone is a far more physical player and tackler. How about 2014-15 Tyrann Mathieu? Lofty expectations with that comparison but I think he could play that kind of role pretty well.

I really don't like making comparisons but I think Peppers is a guy I have to find a blueprint for before I can fully justify him early.

Everyone will go to Bucannon but Deone is a far more physical player and tackler. How about 2014-15 Tyrann Mathieu? Lofty expectations with that comparison but I think he could play that kind of role pretty well.

I really don't like making comparisons but I think Peppers is a guy I have to find a blueprint for before I can fully justify him early.

I LOVED Mathieu coming out. He is the best player that I have seen in a LSU uniform in the 10 years that I have lived here (including Fournette). His instincts were (and are) off the charts.

That is the kind of role that I see Peppers playing but I hesitate to go that far because I think that Mathieu is such an instinctual playmaker. He has these crazy, innate skills that you can't teach.

Thanks for the feedback Blokes!! The work that you do is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm looking into it. Probably a season-long project, see if I can find some suitable candidates. I'm very enthusiastic about life after Rex.

Not sure about the "expert skills" though :D

C'mon man who else has devoted their life to watching ALL22, draft breakdown, and rewatches old games, you are perfect for the job heck you could be our Ernie adams B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.