New Metric proves Bills one of worst teams at Drafting

KDIGGZ

The Washington Post put together a program that gives a draft value to all of the players drafted in the past 20 years. The Bills rank 30th

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/nfl-draft-history/

Interesting program, but agree with the folks who question the timeframe. Are there any teams that haven't changed GMs at least twice in that timeframe?

It would indeed be much more interesting if one could customize it to different windows of time.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet when you get a bad meal at a restaurant you just keep going back. Hoping sometime in the next fifty years they'll get it right. Just that once.

I go back because they are one of the few restaurants that serve grits. I just don't order the meat. Jays Diner in Henrietta

No, make a good hire in the first place. Which of those former Bills coaches has gone on to a stellar career elsewhere? This continuity argument makes me crazy. If you have mediocre coaching talent today and you hold course you'll have mediocre coaching talent tomorrow.

I agree in concept Beer. And for sure our "head " coaches have been no shining stars . But thats another story.

Now the Bills under Pegula are willing to spend on Coaching. Perhaps they could have done better ?

But I like the Coaching under Rex, especially on the Offense.

I did not care for Dunbar last year and i think Dennis Thurman has been adjusted for.

But it really is a combination of both.

So if Rex flames out as some here strongly predict, the best thing is to bring in a set of Coaches that better match the player heavily invested in.

Not the wholesale changes we have seen on defense. year after year