Rex should learn from Buddy

I was watching the "Bears of 85" (30 for 30 special) on Netflix the other day. If you get a chance, check it out.

One of the major themes of the show is about Buddy Ryan and the incredible defense he molded in Chicago.

The Bears were terrible in 1980, and it looked like the entire coaching staff would be fired by Hallas.

They did have a couple budding starts on D, including Mike Singletary, and a couple other guys.

They wrote a letter to Hallas begging him to keep Ryan and his staff, as they all loved their coach and felt they could be a great D.

So Ryan was retained. But Buddy's system was very complex! (sound familiar). A couple players asked him to simplify the playbook down (from like 6" thick to 2" thick). He agreed and changed the scheme to be quicker & simpler. I guess this worked, as the Bears D became arguably the best in NFL history.

Can Rex suck up his pride & do what his father did for the betterment of the TEAM?

Edited by I'm Spartacus

I was watching the "Bears of 85" (30 for 30 special) on Netflix the other day. If you get a chance, check it out.

One of the major themes of the show is about Buddy Ryan and the incredible defense he molded in Chicago.

The Bears were terrible in 1980, and it looked like the entire coaching staff would be fired by Hallas.

They did have a couple budding starts on D, including Mike Singletary, and a couple other guys.

They wrote a letter to Hallas begging him to keep Ryan and his staff, as they all loved their coach and felt they could be a great D.

So Ryan was retained. But Buddy's system was very complex! (sound familiar). A couple players asked him to simplify the playbook down (from like 6" thick to 2" thick). He agreed and changed the scheme to be quicker & simpler. I guess this worked, as the Bears D became arguably the best in NFL history.

Can Rex suck up his pride & do what his father did for the betterment of the TEAM?

It helps when you have 3-4 all time greats on the defense...I mean honestly, would the Bills offense during the Kelly years have sucked if they didn't run the no huddle or Marchibroda wasn't the coordinator? No...they had all time greats on that side of the ball.

It helps when you have 3-4 all time greats on the defense...I mean honestly, would the Bills offense during the Kelly years have sucked if they didn't run the no huddle or Marchibroda wasn't the coordinator? No...they had all time greats on that side of the ball.

Yea- what's a guy supposed to do with a defense as lacking in talent as ours?