UB men and women going dancing.

Thanks, Bobby. Of course you lit the team on fire on your way out the door, and you ran to Bucky Gleason to embarrass the former AD over money, but thanks for the kind words.

BTW Bobby's schedule should be pretty free for TV slots on CBS since the Sun Devils stunk and are done.

I said all along that Hurley jumped the gun leaving. He should of stayed one more year. The team he was going to bring back was loaded & would of been the clear favorites in the MAC. & then after this year he could of named his job. Instead he bolted for ASU, not a very soft landing. Tough place to win, always playing second fiddle to big brother Arizona, having to deal with recruiting battles with the Socal schools, going against moneybags Oregon, tough road trips to Colorado/UTAH & Stanford/Cal. Plus his recruiting territory that he is familiar with is east coast. He has got a big job ahead of him.

But yes it easy for me to say turn down all that money & stay at UB. So I guess I could see Hurley's point also. I just think if he waited another year he could had a softer landing spot.

Edited by Gordio

Enjoy the Angel Rodriguez and Sheldon Mcclennon show. Miami is strong.

It is a bad matchup for UB. I don't see anyway how UB handles Miami's backcourt. UB's guards just aren't at that level. UB better shoot lights out from behind the arc or this could get ugly.

Enjoy the Angel Rodriguez and Sheldon Mcclennon show. Miami is strong.

It is a bad matchup for UB. I don't see anyway how UB handles Miami's backcourt. UB's guards just aren't at that level. UB better shoot lights out from behind the arc or this could get ugly.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned UB is playing with house money. Preseason picks had them dead last in the MAC so all this is gravy. Here's hoping Miami thinks they have a gimme.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hey, as far as I'm concerned UB is playing with house money. Preseason picks had them dead last in the MAC so all this is gravy. Here's hoping Miami thinks they have a gimme.

Very true.

I just remember a few weeks back when the Miami of Ohio Point Guard gave UB all kinds of problems in their win at Alumni. Noone was able to check him. Pretty Sure Angel Rodriguez is going to have a field day.

It was a great time despite the loss. UB definitely had the largest rooting section in the building. They hung in there against the #11 team in the country that had a big size advantage.

UB only loses two middling players and adds a 7-footer next year. So there is cause for optimism. It was also pointed out by other UB alums at the event that the athletic department is light years ahead of where it was just 10 years ago.

Don't forget UB women vs Ohio State @ 2:30 today on ESPN3/WatchESPN.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• 4 weeks later...