[closed]How much of a price cut makes sense to keep Mario?

Jobot

Anyone have thoughts on what the Bills should be willing to pay a DE of Mario's current caliber in order to keep him on the roster?

I think there is zero chance the two sides come to an agreement. I feel the Bills would rather try their luck in the draft and deal with a rookie level salary. I doubt Mario would go from 19mil to 3mil/year.

Smaller gap than most here would say. The dead money, to a degree is sunk cost, so if we can change the contract in a way that we are having him play for a 13m-15m hit, instead of a dead space of 7m and needing to sign a DE --- I could see some pretty reasonable arguments to be made depending on structures.

Smaller gap than most here would say. The dead money, to a degree is sunk cost, so if we can change the contract in a way that we are having him play for a 13m-15m hit, instead of a dead space of 7m and needing to sign a DE --- I could see some pretty reasonable arguments to be made depending on structures.

Yeah, I agree, but I don't think the biggest obstacle is money at this point. Can we trust him to play? After last year I kinda doubt it.

Plus we don't want to give overdorf a coronary, I'm sure Marios money has already been spent in everyone's mind.