2016 NFL Scouting Combine

YoloinOhio

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before Bills fans all want Conklin because of the 40?

Sure, 1.75 split is impressive. Still doesn't change his technique though.

I think Jack will be a solid RT...not sure I want a RT at 19, but I'd have no issue with him.

He's strong, has a good build for an OT, and has a nasty streak. His athletic ability is unquestionably limited, but I think as a RT he'll be rock solid.

How long before Bills fans all want Conklin because of the 40?

Sure, 1.75 split is impressive. Still doesn't change his technique though.

i liked Decker's run. He's 6'7 320 so if that 5.21 holds it is pretty good. But, officially could be higher.

I wouldn't take him in the 1st but he will be a good RT I believe. May take a year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Jack will be a solid RT...not sure I want a RT at 19, but I'd have no issue with him.

He's strong, has a good build for an OT, and has a nasty streak. His athletic ability is unquestionably limited, but I think as a RT he'll be rock solid.

I've got him as a 4th rounder. Not entirely sure he's got the skill set to play tackle. Heard a few whispers that teams prefer him at RG, makes a lot of sense to me.

I've got him as a 4th rounder. Not entirely sure he's got the skill set to play tackle. Heard a few whispers that teams prefer him at RG, makes a lot of sense to me.

Wow...surprised about the 4th round grade. I know his lateral quickness isn't ideal for handling speed rushers, but I've seen a lot worse that are currently playing RT in the league. I also think that he can compensate for some of that relative lack of quickness with his arm length and strength...provided, of course, that he can improve his technique.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm surprised.

Wow...surprised about the 4th round grade. I know his lateral quickness isn't ideal for handling speed rushers, but I've seen a lot worse that are currently playing RT in the league. I also think that he can compensate for some of that relative lack of quickness with his arm length and strength...provided, of course, that he can improve his technique.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm surprised.

I think we could say that about a guy already on our roster, former 2nd round pick. I'd rather persist with 3rd year Kouandjio than reach on someone like him. Not sure there's much 'upside' to Conklin, hence the low grade.

Guys like Rob Havenstein are the guys to take, slow but already well versed in angles and technique.

I think we could say that about a guy already on our roster, former 2nd round pick. I'd rather persist with 3rd year Kouandjio than reach on someone like him. Not sure there's much 'upside' to Conklin, hence the low grade.

Guys like Rob Havenstein are the guys to take, slow but already well versed in angles and technique.

Sure...though I hated the Kouandjio pick when it was made. I feel like he's markedly different from Conklin--Jack at least has some measure of athletic ability; Kouandjio is stiff, angular, and plays with poor technique.

I do agree that I'd rather take a guy that's got some polish--maybe a Kyle Murphy type

Sure...though I hated the Kouandjio pick when it was made. I feel like he's markedly different from Conklin--Jack at least has some measure of athletic ability; Kouandjio is stiff, angular, and plays with poor technique.

I do agree that I'd rather take a guy that's got some polish--maybe a Kyle Murphy type

I've watched 16 guys that I think have a chance at playing OT and I'm not sure about any of them outside of Tunsil/Stanley/Decker.

Spriggs is an athlete and Roman will love that but his technique needs work. After him, not sure I'd take another OT before Day 3. I like Parker Ehinger as a swing tackle but everyone has him as a guard so the league probably does too. Not the year to need a tackle and have no money for FA.

I've watched 16 guys that I think have a chance at playing OT and I'm not sure about any of them outside of Tunsil/Stanley/Decker.

Spriggs is an athlete and Roman will love that but his technique needs work. After him, not sure I'd take another OT before Day 3. I like Parker Ehinger as a swing tackle but everyone has him as a guard so the league probably does too. Not the year to need a tackle and have no money for FA.

How about Spencer Drango, 3rd or later?

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread 4m4 minutes ago

Some official 40 times from first group of OLs: Le'Raven Clark: 5.16 Jack Conklin: 5.00 Taylor Decker: 5.23 Spencer Drango: 5.27

First round LB/S prospect Su'a Cravens will wait until his pro day at #USC to run the 40. Will participate in all other drills here in Indy.

Edited by YoloinOhio