Old Throwback Sports Gear

At what point does old gear, jerseys, things with old logos, etc, go from outdated to "retro" or "throwback?"

For example, a Sabres black and red jersey, or a "slug" anything? Are either of those old enough to be throwback. Or a dark blue Bills jersey?

Does how good they were during the time period matter, which would basically mean that a dark blue Bills jersey would never be "retro." Or how long it lasted, like the slug?

At what point does old gear, jerseys, things with old logos, etc, go from outdated to "retro" or "throwback?"

For example, a Sabres black and red jersey, or a "slug" anything? Are either of those old enough to be throwback. Or a dark blue Bills jersey?

Does how good they were during the time period matter, which would basically mean that a dark blue Bills jersey would never be "retro." Or how long it lasted, like the slug?

I consider the Satanic Goat Head jerseys throwbacks.

The slug...either a "throw up" or a "throw out." Take your pick.

I like the term "vintage." It's a grab bag for anything no longer current, good or bad.

There is no time period. A lot of variables. There is design, rarity, how good the team was, etc...

IMO the slugs and the dark blue Bills were so overproduced and also terrible and not even in a cool way. I saw someone in a slug jersey last night and it just looks awful. Glad to say I never/refused to get anything with the slug on it. Maybe in about 50 years, they will be very uncommon and cool to break out.

Sabres goat heads are almost there. I see some people say they would like to see them brought out once a season or so. I think it would be cool to do a retro night once a season, play music only from 96-2005 and also honor those teams.

There is no time period. A lot of variables. There is design, rarity, how good the team was, etc...

IMO the slugs and the dark blue Bills were so overproduced and also terrible and not even in a cool way. I saw someone in a slug jersey last night and it just looks awful. Glad to say I never/refused to get anything with the slug on it. Maybe in about 50 years, they will be very uncommon and cool to break out.

Sabres goat heads are almost there. I see some people say they would like to see them brought out once a season or so. I think it would be cool to do a retro night once a season, play music only from 96-2005 and also honor those teams.

I live in Texas, the bible belt where nobody knows hockey. So I really want to !@#$ with people, and get a throwback red and black, Satan jersey.

ha....

I remember in college, we were watching a Sabres Montreal playoff game, and a guy was over our place. He was kind of 'metal' and wasnt into sports. The pure delight when he noticed that a guy was called "Satan" is something I still snicker at from time to time