The "How about THIS QB" thread? (Trade or FA acquisition)

Should we acquire this or that splashy QB?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills make a play for any of these QB?

• Robert Griffin III
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Johnny (JFF) Manziel
    • Tim Tebow
    • None of the above, draft a guy and/or sign a low-cost 2nd tier FA
    • None of the above, trade for a different guy
  2. 2. If you want one of the QB named above, how should we get him?

• Trade
    • Wait to see if he's released
    • I don't want any of the QB named above if they come with a pony and a free trip to Belize
    • I want to trade for a different guy
  3. 3. If you want one of the QB named above, define his role

• Starter, he's shown more than Taylor
    • Backup, if he gets a shot let him show more
    • Backup, let him compete with EJ and any draftee for a job
    • I don't want any of the QB named above

I personally hate all the one-threading that is going on with this board.

If I want to read about a certain player, I dont want to read through 100 pages of crap, with info scattered all over about every QB in the world. I WANT multiple, short threads!!!!!!! Concise! to the point!

On the topic of long useless threads, Sometimes i get a message from the Bills App or hear about some scandel, go straight to the forum, and there is a thread that is 17 pages long about the topic already. Maybe 1/2 a page has useful info that is worth read, but in order to find it you have t click through 16.5 pages of BS. Who wants to read through 16.5 pages of garbage just to find out info on the situation? It stinks.!!!!!!!

I have left this site many times this season just being fed up with mega-long threads.

MORE THREADS MORE THREADS MORE THREADS!!!!!!

I agree with you , I hate these long multi threads. And when you want to discuss a specific idea, why go back months to any earlier thread about and issue or and tack on the end of that thread. It is wasteful and cumbersome. Plus honestly the search options on the board software are horrible. (and the software requires a poster to include the search terms manually, it is not auto indexed, so searches are not very valid since most posters don't pay attention to adding the required info).

Plus even the same issue discussed 4 months earlier or even a week earlier changes with outside issues. IE signing/trading for KAP from SF before and after Chip became the new SF HC.

I understand the combined multi threads are not for our benefit as board members. They are strictly for the convenience of the board moderators. I try to tolerate them because I realize they have to do a lot of work as a mod, and it is strictly volunteer with no perks. If the job is too much, no one will agree to be a mod in a thankless position.

But I agree, I would rather have a large number of current short concise threads, not mega long chains of stale dated discussions . And I generally never go beyond page one of the threads when checking the board, I can't believe that most don't do the same. So threads are lost after they fall off the 1st page of current threads.

Edited by simpleman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Round (19) Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.

Wentz won't be there. Not a chance. Both Goff and Wentz will be be long gone by 19 unless they stink up the combine, which they won't. No QB until maybe 3rd round. We need guys who will get us deep into the playoffs in the next 12 months in this draft. No savior QB for us in this draft. Plus the QB crop is crap this year so only getting a dev guy no matter who's there when we draft. Is what it is. Move on. T2 is the guy. Get on board people.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore