Why no Clemson Wr pairing in 2014

I see. We're never allowed to criticize a draft pick because "hindsight is 20/20"? Rubbish. The Bills obviously warched a TON of Clemson tape in 2014. Is it not fair to ask why they didn't pay sufficient attention to a guy like Bryant, whose talents are pretty hard to miss?

You are absolutely right. And its not just one instance - and thats really the point. There is a very very long list of outstanding WRs that other teams have found in the mid to late rounds of the draft. We have typically gone for the duds in the same drafts, often picking them ahead of the gems other teams have landed. The current FO is not good at scouting, drafting and developing WRs (unlike teams like the Cards, Steelers, Giants etc...and one might even include losers like the Browns). Sure Sammy is probably an elite # 1 in the making but he was also pretty much a slam dunk and we had to burn 2 firsts to get him - hardly astute, more of a slam dunk.

I see. We're never allowed to criticize a draft pick because "hindsight is 20/20"? Rubbish. The Bills obviously warched a TON of Clemson tape in 2014. Is it not fair to ask why they didn't pay sufficient attention to a guy like Bryant, whose talents are pretty hard to miss?

No its allowed

but lets do it in the proper context.....ALL GMS do this

He was a number 2 receiver in college, for obvious reasons, so he did not have a ton of targets. Still managed 20 YPC on 42 receptions.

Just like the 4th round grade Buddy pinned on Russell Wilson.

Was buddy drafting in that draft for us?

No its allowed

but lets do it in the proper context.....ALL GMS do this

Of course. In general, it's not fair to say "why didn't we draft Antonio Brown in the fifth round?" But sometimes there are specific players that certain teams absolutely should have seen coming. In this case, Bryant since the Bills were obviously scouting his college team carefully and he is such a standout athlete. Russell Wilson is another example, given Wilson's outstanding college career and the Bills' crying need for a QB at the time, not to mention the worthless player they selected instead.

Was buddy drafting in that draft for us?

No. Whaley.

Agree. At least we weren't the 2004 poor sap NFL teams who passed on Big Ben for players like Robert Gallery, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, and Dunta Robinson.

Houston and Jags fates could have been insanely better.

Because every player would produce the exact same results no matter what team and situation he's thrown in. :wallbash:

Agree. At least we weren't the 2004 poor sap NFL teams who passed on Big Ben for players like Robert Gallery, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, and Dunta Robinson.

Houston and Jags fates could have been insanely better.

I watched that draft with some steeler fan friends. My one buddy flipped out when dunta Robinson was picked and was ticked off when the steelers picked roethlisberger. He was pinning all his hopes on Robinson!!

By the way, I recall how robert gallery was a can't miss prospect; amazing how he was a bust.