Grab-Your-Ankles Foreign Policy On Display Again

I was bashing Bush then, you !@#$ing moron.

And what the !@#$ is wrong with you? We're talking about "hope" as it relates to a strategy concerning ISIS. Not Iran. Will you at least try to have a coherent conversation, just once? Please?

Orwell would be proud of you Tom.

It's foreign policy. If I had started a new thread you idiots would be up in arms anyways so what difference does it make.

And settle down, you are acting like someone is getting the better of you

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orwell would be proud of you Tom.

It's foreign policy. If I had started a new thread you idiots would be up in arms anyways so what difference does it make.

And settle down, you are acting like someone is getting the better of you

You cited "hope" as support for Obama's strategy vis ISIS.

I mention that "hope" was poor support for invading Iraq.

You change the topic to Iran, because they're both "foreign policy."

It is impossible to have a discussion with you when you won't stick to the !@#$ing topic.

iu1f7brY_bigger.pngBarack ObamaVerified account @BarackObama 24h24 hours ago

Suit up—it's President Obama's final State of the Union. Say you'll tune in: http://ofa.bo/s9ZA pic.twitter.com/RFwI8GwxIh

CXWJjdQWMAAaosc.png
2:26 PM - 28 Dec 2015
3,747 retweets 9,413 likes

Really needs no comment.............................but

As John Nolte likes to say, “Democrats sure got it good.” Obama and his staffers can only post trolls like that knowing that he has protection from being mocked by the media and its late-night talkers. Or by nightly news anchormen placing that image into context by reminding viewers that “3 weeks ago we had the worst terror attack on the homeland since 9/11.”

President Obama’s Bizarro-World victory tour

Original Article

Having done a world tour on his way into the White House, President Obama’s now planning an even bigger global victory lap in his final year in office. Too bad that everything in-between is a heaping mound of hot foreign-policy mess.

The president has reportedly ordered his staff to set a heavy international schedule for 2016. What, to celebrate the arrival of world peace?

The White House, Politico reports, means the trips to cement a legacy of “Trans-Pacific Partnership, increased attention to Asia, an opening of Latin America, progress against the Islamic State and significant global movement on climate change.”

Left off that list: (At the Link)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-iran-severing-ties-whats-next/

Russia and China, two of the biggest geopolitical players in the hemisphere, released statements calling for restraint between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

"Moscow is concerned about escalation of the situation in the Middle East with participation of the key regional players," the Russian foreign ministry said Monday. Russia calls on the Saudis and Iranians to "show restraint and to avoid any steps that might escalate the situation and raise tensions including an inter-religious ones."

China's foreign ministry said it is paying close attention to the events and hopes "all parties can remain calm and restrained, use dialogue and negotiations to properly resolve differences, and work together to safeguard the region's peace and stability."

Notably absent: any US statement.

This Saudi-Iran tiff is escalating awfully quickly. In no small part because, after this administration's laisseiz-faire approach to foreign policy and craven desire to not have the Iran deal look like a failure, the Saudis have absolutely no faith that the US will back them in a showdown or effectively exercise any diplomacy with the Iranians.

Good foreign policy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-iran-severing-ties-whats-next/

Notably absent: any US statement.

This Saudi-Iran tiff is escalating awfully quickly. In no small part because, after this administration's laisseiz-faire approach to foreign policy and craven desire to not have the Iran deal look like a failure, the Saudis have absolutely no faith that the US will back them in a showdown or effectively exercise any diplomacy with the Iranians.

Good foreign policy.

The Saudi-Iran tiff was an inevitability of two dominant powers of the area with differing beliefs (Shia v Sunni). With the battle in Yemen being a divisive war between those nations, that is the powder keg that will ignite the Middle East next after ISIS !@#$s off and goes away.

Frankly, we need to let the regional powers figure crap out for themselves instead of us propping up one side or the other, while they bad talk us to their people.

Edited by justnzane

The Saudi-Iran tiff was an inevitability of two dominant powers of the area with differing beliefs (Shia v Sunni). With the battle in Yemen being a divisive war between those nations, that is the powder keg that will ignite the Middle East next after ISIS !@#$s off and goes away.

Frankly, we need to let the regional powers figure crap out for themselves instead of us propping up one side or the other, while they bad talk us to their people.

Yeah...but we're going to end up paying a hefty price for letting them sort this out themselves. Nice in principle...in practice, that tends to be a disaster.

North Korea has an H-bomb, and Iran has ballistic missiles. What could possibly go wrong?

I swear to God, if they make global warming worse.........................

North Korea says they have a hydrogen bomb. I'll take that with a grain of salt until someone confirms it seismically.

Obama Quietly Prepares to Transfer Prisoners From Gitmo

While Obama cried for TV cameras yesterday, his administration was putting the finishing touches on a plan to transfer up to 17 prisoners from Guantanamo Bay. This has been in the works for a while.

Catherine Herridge of FOX News reported Monday:

Source: ‘Al Qaeda followers’ among 17 being transferred from Gitmo

The group of 17 detainees expected to be transferred out of Guantanamo Bay as early as this week includes “multiple bad guys” and “Al Qaeda followers,” a source who has reviewed the list told Fox News.

Little is known publicly about which prisoners are being prepared for transfer, but the Obama administration has notified Congress it plans to ship out 17 detainees – some of whom could be transferred within days.

(more…)

I know my nuclear weapons. I have books here that would scare you.

I also doubt it because I don't think anyone's detonated a "first hydrogen bomb" without !@#$ing it up first. The first US hydrogen bomb ("Castle Bravo") almost killed its designers when they tested it. Fission weapons are relatively easy. Fusion weapons are very hard. I'd sooner suspect their "hydrogen bomb" is a boosted fission weapon, where tritium is injected into the core to increase the neutron flux and fission reaction, than a true fusion weapon where the tritium is nuclear fuel.

I also doubt it because I don't think anyone's detonated a "first hydrogen bomb" without !@#$ing it up first. The first US hydrogen bomb ("Castle Bravo") almost killed its designers when they tested it. Fission weapons are relatively easy. Fusion weapons are very hard. I'd sooner suspect their "hydrogen bomb" is a boosted fission weapon, where tritium is injected into the core to increase the neutron flux and fission reaction, than a true fusion weapon where the tritium is nuclear fuel.

Any idea or guess on the potential yield of this test bomb?

Any idea or guess on the potential yield of this test bomb?

None. It's useless to guess.

Another thing I just thought of: a boosted fission weapon would be consistent with their miniaturization attempts (since you can get a critical neutron flux with a smaller core). If anything, that would be more dangerous than a fusion weapon, since it would indicate they're making progress on making a missile-mounted warhead (i.e., improving their delivery capability, whereas a fusion weapon would just be a bigger bang.)

I was just laughing at the timing. The last thing I read on here before logging off was your post about needing to see a seismic report before believing anything NK says -- then I wake up this morning and the first thing I read is about seismic activity because of a reported NK testing. :lol:

I was just laughing at the timing. The last thing I read on here before logging off was your post about needing to see a seismic report before believing anything NK says -- then I wake up this morning and the first thing I read is about seismic activity because of a reported NK testing. :lol:

That's rain-on-your-wedding-day ironic.

CYDXxW4U0AIJ1Kc.jpgOh look, another foreign policy issue Romney was right on

Somebody tell the White House that 2012 called and wants its foreign policy back.

Hillary Clinton issues statement on North Korea weapons test

CYDWN9_WEAIgCsB.jpg

Ummmmmmmm.

so she slams @POTUS & hubby @billclinton all in 1 shot?

CYDZKJVU0AEzfBs.jpg

Edited by B-Man

CYDXxW4U0AIJ1Kc.jpgOh look, another foreign policy issue Romney was right on

Somebody tell the White House that 2012 called and wants its foreign policy back.

Hillary Clinton issues statement on North Korea weapons test

CYDWN9_WEAIgCsB.jpg

Ummmmmmmm.

so she slams @POTUS & hubby @billclinton all in 1 shot?

CYDZKJVU0AEzfBs.jpg

Did mitt post that while he was riding his horse?