Democrats and Totalitarianism

/dev/null

Are Today's Progressives Actually Totalitarians? - Forbes

FTA:

A pattern is emerging. That pattern is to assert government control over, well, everything. Government control … in the name of social and economic justice, of course.

There’s another word for this: totalitarian.

The New Totalitarians Are Here - The Federalist

Kerry did not call Koch brothers or Exxon enemies of the state. What a bunch of right wing propaganda. Here is the question and answer from the interview:

Given what's at stake, do you consider Exxon Mobil or the Koch brothers an enemy of the state?

Well, I'll leave it to other people to assign metaphors or allegories. I would prefer to try to build the consensus necessary, and we don't get there if we start accusing people of things. So we need to try to bring people into an understanding. I don't think we're going to do it with the Koch brothers. But I think that Exxon Mobil stands potentially to lose billions of dollars in what I would imagine would be one of the largest class-action lawsuits in history.

Are Today's Progressives Actually Totalitarians? - Forbes

FTA:

A pattern is emerging. That pattern is to assert government control over, well, everything. Government control … in the name of social and economic justice, of course.

There’s another word for this: totalitarian.

The New Totalitarians Are Here - The Federalist

That's so right.

SO VERY RIGHT.

Can't prove it but I'm sure you feel it, you empiricist you.

I can prove that your cute little bar chart is incomplete, by noting that it only includes "orders" and not "actions." I could then go on to point out a great many actions by Obama that weren't orders (at least two delays of the ACA that violated the law, immigration reform, the TPP, various levels of bullshitting about Gitmo...)

If I were so inclined, I could go through the press releases of the last 15 years and put together an accurate accounting of executive actions of the padt two administrations. It would show something much different about the executive than you falsely believe.

I can prove that your cute little bar chart is incomplete, by noting that it only includes "orders" and not "actions." I could then go on to point out a great many actions by Obama that weren't orders (at least two delays of the ACA that violated the law, immigration reform, the TPP, various levels of bullshitting about Gitmo...)

If I were so inclined, I could go through the press releases of the last 15 years and put together an accurate accounting of executive actions of the padt two administrations. It would show something much different about the executive than you falsely believe.

Do it!!!

The key paragraph from the original link:

It is possible to have a robust, energetic political discourse within the parameters of American liberalism, which cherishes freedom of speech and of inquiry, which distinguishes between public and private spheres, which relies upon the rule of law and the Bill of Rights while placing limits on the reach of the state. But if you reject that, as our so-called liberals have, then you cannot have genuine political discourse, or genuine democracy. When he was asked about having fabricated a story about Mitt Romney’s not paying taxes, Democratic Senate leader Harry Reid made a straight-up might-makes-right argument: “Romney didn’t win, did he?” You cannot have much of an argument without some level of honesty, which is a problem for a country that probably is going to be subjected to yet another Clinton campaign. You cannot have much of an argument without freedom of speech, and you cannot have democracy if political activism is criminalized. The Democrats are seeking to restrict speech, and they already have criminalized politics: Ask Rick Perry about that, or Tom Delay.

The key paragraph from the original link:

It is possible to have a robust, energetic political discourse within the parameters of American liberalism, which cherishes freedom of speech and of inquiry, which distinguishes between public and private spheres, which relies upon the rule of law and the Bill of Rights while placing limits on the reach of the state. But if you reject that, as our so-called liberals have, then you cannot have genuine political discourse, or genuine democracy. When he was asked about having fabricated a story about Mitt Romneys not paying taxes, Democratic Senate leader Harry Reid made a straight-up might-makes-right argument: Romney didnt win, did he? You cannot have much of an argument without some level of honesty, which is a problem for a country that probably is going to be subjected to yet another Clinton campaign. You cannot have much of an argument without freedom of speech, and you cannot have democracy if political activism is criminalized. The Democrats are seeking to restrict speech, and they already have criminalized politics: Ask Rick Perry about that, or Tom Delay.

That's pretty much it. The progressives are starting to behave more and more like communists. Silence and discredit the opposition at all costs. When you control the message and demagogue the issues this is where we are heading. The republicans by and large are too big of puzzies and are too cushy as being a part of the political class to call it out for what it is.

I'd almost feel sorry for you dumb bastards if I was the totalitarian. What a nightmare for you righties :lol:

Is being a totalitarian anything like being a dictatorian? (And we're the dumb bastards....?)

Edited by Keukasmallies