I'm not saying Drew was slow but

dude... this cut had absolutely zero to do with DB's physical limitations. It had evrything do do with his mental grasp of the game, his poor decison making, his slow decision making, his lack of pocket presence and lack of his intangebles.... and if intangibles could be measured, on a scale of 1-100, DB would garner about a 2. He just doesn't get it... the QBs job is not to simply throw tight spirals... it's about managing the game... on offense, you've got the ball... you have control. It's about moving the chains, scoring points, and not hurting your team as a whole (offense, defense, st). For some reason... DB cannot comprehend that.

dude... this cut had absolutely zero to do with DB's physical limitations.  It had evrything do do with his mental grasp of the game, his poor decison making, his slow decision making, his lack of pocket presence and lack of his intangebles....  and if intangibles could be measured, on a scale of 1-100, DB would garner about a 2. He just doesn't get it... the QBs job is not to simply throw tight spirals... it's about managing the game... on offense, you've got the ball... you have control. It's about moving the chains, scoring points, and not hurting your team as a whole (offense, defense, st).  For some reason... DB cannot comprehend that.

242446[/snapback]

Succintly put, I concur wholeheartedly.

Yet another ignorant fan. Probably didn't see a game this year. Drew is very slow to read blitzes and pick-up secondary receivers. However he did run a few times and was actually quite fleet of foot. His problem is he likes to setup in cement in the backfield and wait for his prime receiver to get open.

Yet another ignorant fan.  Probably didn't see a game this year.  Drew is very slow to read blitzes and pick-up secondary receivers.  However he did run a few times and was actually quite fleet of foot.  His problem is he likes to setup in cement in the backfield and wait for his prime receiver to get open.

242454[/snapback]

Saying he was fleet of foot is a bit of an overstatement. He has a long stride and was able to take a few steps before tripping himself on most of those runs.

Personally, my biggest issue with DB was his total inability to hit wide open backs and receivers on short routes.

Drew is very slow to read blitzes and pick-up secondary receivers.  .

242454[/snapback]

That's exactly why he's gone, and should be gone. The game moves too fast for him - mentally and physically. There is no doubt in my mind that other QBs can come in here and manage this talent much more effectively than Drew has. We have two top tier receivers and a stud RB. It's a good situation for a QB who has the faculties to utilze them.

That's exactly why he's gone, and should be gone. The game moves too fast for him - mentally and physically. There is no doubt in my mind that other QBs can come in here and manage this talent much more effectively than Drew has. We have two top tier receivers and a stud RB. It's a good situation for a QB who has the faculties to utilze them.

242465[/snapback]

And that qb would be?..............? I am just fishing.