(OT) Reds Fan Here. Showing a pic of Griff Jr.

OnTheRocks

Its a shame...he's a local boy and fan favorite, but the team would be so much better off with him gone due to his salary.  I'm excited for opening day...I live about 3 minutes from GABP.

242379[/snapback]

How do you like the GABP? I went there in summer of 2003 and thought the ballpark needed some breaking in or seasoning to it.

How do you like the GABP? I went there in summer of 2003 and thought the ballpark needed some breaking in or seasoning to it.

242381[/snapback]

I love it...nothing better than right field seats on a Sunday afternoon.

Bear in mind, I'm only a baseball fan until football training camps start. From April - July, I typically hit up 15-20 games. I lose interest once I can get Bills news.

Give the guy a break. If you had enough sense to actually read the caption, it said he hasn't run since surgery in August. Idiots on this board never cease to amaze.

How are you looking today?

242472[/snapback]

Oh so according to you, everyone who hasn't run since last August should have a gut today. .... Thanks for the update Dr.

Give the guy a break. If you had enough sense to actually read the caption, it said he hasn't run since surgery in August. Idiots on this board never cease to amaze.

How are you looking today?

242472[/snapback]

I am actually in pretty decent shape for a 40 year old. I wasn't saying anything negative about Jr., just making an observation. I love the guy and can't wait for him to show what he can do this year.

Now....pass me a Whopper with cheese.

Reds fan here. Unfortunately it appears Griffey is turning out to be the bust of the century and IIRC his contract is set up so the Reds will be paying for him long after he's gone. It's a damn shame. Must be something in the water of Seattle that makes a player awesome with the Mariners and then totally blow as soon as they leave. Only Randy Johnson seems to be able to rise above this Seattle curse.

Also unfortunately it would seem the Reds are stuck with him for as long as he wants to play. His trade value is very low. I haven't heard any rumors of other teams inquiring about Griffey in a long time. Cincinnati and Jr are just going to have to find a way to co-exist.

And in the next pic, Griff will be shown throwing himself down a flight of stairs and breaking his legs and knees.......again. :)

Such a shame.....he's truly a great talent. But he was always a reckless outfielder, and that wound up costing him his career.

I wouldn't say his career is over yet. He's still got plenty of time left. With the surplus of OF's the Reds have I still can't believe they wouldn't try to move the guy to another position.

At this point/age Barry Bonds had 445 home runs. Junior has 501.

I wouldn't say his career is over yet. He's still got plenty of time left. With the surplus of OF's the Reds have I still can't believe they wouldn't try to move the guy to another position.

At this point/age Barry Bonds had 445 home runs. Junior has 501.

243274[/snapback]

from what i understand he will likely play a good number of games in RF this year.

they would move him to 1B but there would be a fan revolt if they traded Sean Casey.