Defensive line rotation?

How the hell is Hughes not on the field at the start of the Texans TD, game tying drive? He isn't on the field until the fifth play when they are already in the red zone. It is after a punt and TV timeout.

And why is Mario on the field during garbage time (after the lead was 9) with a bum foot? They weren't going to run the ball there. They could have put anyone out there to rush the passer - hell even a pissed off Carpenter would have been a better choice...

I brought this up against the Chiefs...on a key drive when we have the Chiefs pinned back near their goalline after we cut the lead down to 27-22, they have Bryant in instead of Dareus...dude pops a 35 yard run as Bryant gets road graded out of there, and they are no longer in trouble...

Would like to think the coaches understand important game situations should trump the rotation...

this was brought up last year with schwartz and #4 ranked defense....they rotate guys, have some guys hurt, other hurt and not there....bitching to B word

if i guys is gassed why have him out there ? because the situation is serious ? he's gassed needs a breather

Edited by CardinalScotts

How the hell is Hughes not on the field at the start of the Texans TD, game tying drive? He isn't on the field until the fifth play when they are already in the red zone. It is after a punt and TV timeout.

And why is Mario on the field during garbage time (after the lead was 9) with a bum foot? They weren't going to run the ball there. They could have put anyone out there to rush the passer - hell even a pissed off Carpenter would have been a better choice...

Kicker/DE. Interesting combination .... Paul Maguire used to play punter and LB but I do not think there have been any combo kicker players this century.

It can't be "gassed issue". It was the first play of the drive after a punt and TV timeout. I saw the same thing with Dareus in the KC game. It seems like they give the second string guys opportunities outside of the red zone. But a three and out late in the game on their side of the field is just as critical.

Scwartz did the same thing last year, I know.

Didn't notice. Both good points!