Can you say October (or September) surprise?

Peter

"Everything is in place" to capture bin Laden

Gee, I wonder what took them so long to get everything in place. Perhaps if the election had been a few years ago, we would have captured him already.

I know, I know - it was much more important to "do Iraq" and capture Saddam because Saddam had WMD and Nigerian yellow cake and really was the mastermind behind 9/11 and was responsible for killing 3,000 Americans. :wacko:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I wonder what took them so long to get everything in place.  Perhaps if the election had been a few years ago, we would have captured him already.

I know, I know - it was much more important to "do Iraq" and capture Saddam because Saddam had WMD and Nigerian yellow cake and really was the mastermind behind 9/11 and was responsible for killing 3,000 Americans.  :lol:

18260[/snapback]

whatever. :wacko:

partisanship aside.....i could careless just as long as they capture the monster.

sooner would be better than later. 2 years ago would have been better than tomorrow. But if the end result is him not having another breath...whatever....lets just get him.

It would certainly be better if they just found him, killed him and threw him in a hole. We sure don't need to make him a martyr by putting him on trial.

Hopefully, Bush won't need to be tempted to use it for the obviously political impact (but I know that's pretty optimistic!)

The War on Terrorism does not end with Bin Ladin or Al-Qaeda.

18329[/snapback]

You are correct that the War on Terrorism does not end with bin Laden or Al Qaeda.

Rather, it begins with bin Laden and Al Qaeda and NOT Saddam or Iraq.

It would certainly be better if they just found him, killed him and threw him in a hole.  We sure don't need to make him a martyr by putting him on trial.

Hopefully, Bush won't need to be tempted to use it for the obviously political impact (but I know that's pretty optimistic!)

18352[/snapback]

I also hope that they get rid of the guy as well. I would hate to have to go through a trial.

You are correct that the War on Terrorism does not end with bin Laden or Al Qaeda.

Rather, it begins with bin Laden and Al Qaeda and NOT Saddam or Iraq.

18388[/snapback]

what kind of rhetoric nonsense is this ??

what kind of rhetoric nonsense is this ??

18409[/snapback]

Certainly you understand better than your post would indicate.

It is called priorities.

Do we spend our limited resources on a war of necessity against the people that actually were responsible for killing 3,000 Americans on 9/11 or . . .

Do we come up with pretextual reasons for invading Iraq (to fulfill a goal of the neoconservatives in this administration long before 9/11) in an optional war that did not require us to have 1,000 more Americans die, alienate the rest of the world, and be almost solely responsible for the billions of dollars that it will cost to rebuild Iraq especially after we failed to properly plan for winning the peace.

O-B-L is D-E-A-D.

Unless anyone can think of a good reason why he'd stop making videos and recordings to rally his troops. Technically, every day he's alive is a slap in the face to America. You'd think he'd flaunt that. You'd think he'd have some things to get off his chest with all that's happened in the last 12 months.

Nope, he's dead. And, lo and behold, (islamic) terrorism is still a problem.

Gee, I wonder what took them so long to get everything in place.  Perhaps if the election had been a few years ago, we would have captured him already.

I know, I know - it was much more important to "do Iraq" and capture Saddam because Saddam had WMD and Nigerian yellow cake and really was the mastermind behind 9/11 and was responsible for killing 3,000 Americans.  :lol:

18260[/snapback]

Well Peter :wacko: If you knew where Osama was and could monitor all his activites would you capture him? ,or keep track of what he was doing or just kill him? Our present administration never made the claim that Saddam was the mastermind of 9/11,dont know where you got that from, and I dont think you know either.

Well Peter  :D Our present administration never made the claim that Saddam was the mastermind of 9/11,dont know where you got that from, and I dont think you know either.

18489[/snapback]

From Cheney and Bush. The legal document that the administration prepared in support of the Iraq war specifically cites to 9/11. Cheney still believes Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague. Also, you should read Bush at War and the other books that have been written about 9/11 as well as some of Wolfowitz's quotes on the subject. Indeed, this Administration had 70% of Americans believing that Saddam was behind 9/11. That was no accident.

The memory of 3,000 dead Americans was used to justify pre 9/11 goals of the neocons in this administration. To think otherwise is naive.

I share a negative opinion of this article (an another account of the interview I read from another source). We have different resons for our negative opinions.

IMO Peter is looking in things in a vacuum and as a zero sum game. He doesn't like Bush therefore everything Bush does is wrong.

I have a negative opinion of the article because of the arrogance of the man being interviewed. I don't understand how he can brag about the wonderful "infrastructure" and so forth and make comments as if it is going to be sooooo easy to catch OBL. We haven't caught him yet. We may indeed have a web around him, but whether we do or not this guy should shut his yap. Unless this is deliberate misinformation of some sort, this guy is a loser.

From Cheney and Bush. The legal document that the administration prepared in support of the Iraq war specifically cites to 9/11. Cheney still believes Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague. Also, you should read Bush at War and the other books that have been written about 9/11 as well as some of Wolfowitz's quotes on the subject.  Indeed, this Administration had 70% of Americans believing that Saddam was behind 9/11.  That was no accident.

The memory of 3,000 dead Americans was used to justify pre 9/11 goals of the neocons in this administration. To think otherwise is naive.

18593[/snapback]

Then I guess you think Saddam was a good guy.And although no WMD were turned up that Saddam was attempting to do so ? 70% of our citizens do not believe Saddam was behind 9/11.I,d be willing to bet that Putin had taken a more aggresive approach to terrorism. I have to go with what Bush stated when he sent to war wiht terrorism statring wiht the Taliban in Afaganistan.Bush stated to our citizens that there would be things we would see and understand ,things we would see and wonder why and things we would not see at all and this was all before Iraq. For me I would rather fight any scum on thier on turt than wait till they come here ....again.

Then I guess you think Saddam was a good guy.And although no WMD were turned up that Saddam was attempting to do so ? 70% of our citizens do not believe Saddam was behind 9/11.I,d be willing to bet that Putin had taken a more aggresive approach to terrorism. I have to go with what Bush stated when he sent to war wiht terrorism statring wiht the Taliban in Afaganistan.Bush stated to our citizens that there would be things we would see and understand ,things we would see and wonder why and things we would not see at all and this was all before Iraq. For me I would rather fight any scum on thier on turt than wait till they come here ....again.

18616[/snapback]

70% believed Saddam behind 9/11 -- I wonder where they got that idea?

I also would like to get the terrorist "scum" that were responsible for 9/11. They are Al Qaeda and OBL -- not Saddam and the Baath party.

The world is a better place without Saddam. One could say that about many dictators around the world. Yet, this was an optional war where we are virtually alone. You and I and our children will be picking up the tab. This will amount to billions and billions of dollars. lIn the first Gulf War, Bush 41 built a real coalition. As a result, we picked up less than 10% of the cost.

The administration should have sold this war on its own merits rather than falsely invoking 9/11 and WMD.

70% believed Saddam behind  9/11 -- I wonder where they got that idea?

I also would like to get the terrorist "scum" that were responsible for 9/11.  They are Al Qaeda and OBL -- not Saddam and the Baath party.

The world is a better place without Saddam.  One could say that about many dictators around the world.  Yet, this was an optional war where we are virtually alone.  You and I and our children will be picking up the tab.  This will amount to billions and billions of dollars.  lIn the first Gulf War, Bush 41 built a real coalition.  As a result, we picked up less than 10% of the cost.     

The administration should have sold this war on its own merits rather than falsely invoking 9/11 and WMD.

18688[/snapback]

This didnt take much thought , if WMD were not found we still gained a foot hold in that area of total animosity against the US .You say pick up the tab would you rather pick up the dead bodies of your loved ones on your own soil?You can put a price on your loved ones. What you and most people in this era dont understand is the word , sacrifice ,. Our children will be fighting this war on terrorism long after we are gone. I view this as a religious war although many Muslim lovers in this country do not. Like I said dont you think the Russians took a more pro active step against terrorism?

This didnt take much thought , if WMD were not found we still gained a foot hold in that area of total animosity against the US .You say pick up the tab would you rather pick up the dead bodies of your loved ones on your own soil?You can put a price on your loved ones. What you and most people in this era dont understand is the word , sacrifice ,. Our children will be fighting this war on terrorism long after we are gone. I view this as a religious war although many Muslim lovers in this country do not. Like I said dont you think the Russians took a more pro active step against  terrorism?

18759[/snapback]

Let's fight the war on terrorism, but let's fight it against the people who were responsible for 9/11 instead of diverting resources from that war to topple Saddam to accomplish a goal of the neocons that is unrelated to 9/11.

Since we allowed unreliable proxies to go after OBL in the mountains of Tora Bora, we have taken our eye off the ball. If we had devoted as much of our resources to going after Al Qaeda as we have on Iraq and Saddam, I have to believe that we would have been much farther ahead in the real War on Terrorism.

I really hope that we get OBL and all of his inner circle. In a few days, it will have been 3 years since 9/11. That is far too long to allow these people to escape what they have coming to them.